SLP 2013 CALIFORNIA Admissions!!

They were so insistent that everything should be received in-office by Jan 10 (earlier than some other schools) and it's really annoying that it took them this long to make the actual decision. I hope they've spent the past 2 months just carefully reading each application.

I'm pretty sure that all they are going to do is send out an email saying that our status on the webportal has been updated and we need to go look to see our decisions. I was thinking about calling or emailing the admissions department today and get a confirmation that the release date will be early April. For some reason, I'm hesitant to trust the mid-March decision, early April notification because people got notified a lot earlier in the past. Maybe they changed the system this year, so it is definitely slower, but then their estimate of when they will notify people might be off. If I get a hold of someone and get more news, I'll let you all know. 

OMG GUYS.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM, megeinstein wrote:

Ms. Park,

On the website, it says that admission decisions will be made by mid-March and applicants will be notified by early April. I just wanted to confirm that we should expect decisions then, or if they may potentially come any earlier. It would be helpful if you could let me know at your early convenience. I know that this is a busy time for you.

Thank you,

megeinstein

I should be sending out the emails this Friday.

Janet Park

Administrative Coordinator

San Diego State University

School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences

SLHS-221

www.slhs.sdsu.edu

jpark@mail.sdsu.edu

619-594-7746

619-594-7109 (fax)

Edited by megeinstein

OMG GUYS.

Oh god, that is so soon! I'm freaking out, so nervous  :unsure:

Is it true that CSU don't accept anyone from out of state or something? I've been hearing that floating around and I wonder if maybe I shouldn't have applied at all.

Edited by mystiqueSLP

I don't think that they automatically throw out-of-state people out of the running. There are just a lot of in-state people applying because it is cheaper to go to school in the state, at least from what I've heard. Not sure what effect that has on out-of-state applicants.

I don't think that they automatically throw out-of-state people out of the running. There are just a lot of in-state people applying because it is cheaper to go to school in the state, at least from what I've heard. Not sure what effect that has on out-of-state applicants.

I guess it just creates a more competitive environment? I'm just expecting a rejection. I've looked at the past stats on the results page and I just know I'm going to get rejected because of my stats, especially if they do favor in-state applicants more.

I'm pretty sure that all they are going to do is send out an email saying that our status on the webportal has been updated and we need to go look to see our decisions. I was thinking about calling or emailing the admissions department today and get a confirmation that the release date will be early April. For some reason, I'm hesitant to trust the mid-March decision, early April notification because people got notified a lot earlier in the past. Maybe they changed the system this year, so it is definitely slower, but then their estimate of when they will notify people might be off. If I get a hold of someone and get more news, I'll let you all know. 

That's a great idea, keep us updated!  :)

That's a great idea, keep us updated!  :)

I emailed someone and they emailed me back almost immediately. I posted the email above, but basically they're sending out the decisions on Friday.

Yikes. Did not apply to SDSU, but did to Fullerton. Now I will be anxiously waiting alongside the rest of you! 

Good luck to us all! Is the quote for Friday just a starting date for notifications, and they send out notifications in waves… or do they let everyone know at the same time?

Yikes. Did not apply to SDSU, but did to Fullerton. Now I will be anxiously waiting alongside the rest of you! 

Good luck to us all! Is the quote for Friday just a starting date for notifications, and they send out notifications in waves… or do they let everyone know at the same time?

Good luck everyone applying to SDSU! I got accepted to an in-state school so my chances of moving to CA are slim, but who knows?!

Someone posted an acceptance to SDSU from the website... I checked the WebPortal, but nothing has changed for me!

I saw that too!!! WTHeck?? Maybe they're in a different time zone and the website is automatically withholding the statuses until the 15th?

I hope no one is bamboozling us..

Whaaaaat? I just got home and saw that someone was "accepted" to SDSU. As it is, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. Ugh, people making things up.

Edited by megeinstein

You think someone is BS-ing? Or maybe it's someone from their own school, so they might have heard first maybe through a faculty person?

Sometimes I wonder if half the stuff posted on the admissions page is pure BS.. I spoke to a professor about my worries about grad school, and mentioned GradCafe, and he said, "Yes, I believe everything I read on the internet, too." Made me think twice about just taking all that info in at face value  :rolleyes: I wonder if all the GPA/GRE posts are inflated, too..

But anyway, GOOD LUCK TO SD APPLICANTS!!!

and GOOD LUCK TO FULLERTON APPLICANTS!!!

AND GOOD LUCK TO LOS ANGELES INTERVIEWEES THIS WEEKEND!!!

You think someone is BS-ing? Or maybe it's someone from their own school, so they might have heard first maybe through a faculty person?

Sometimes I wonder if half the stuff posted on the admissions page is pure BS.. I spoke to a professor about my worries about grad school, and mentioned GradCafe, and he said, "Yes, I believe everything I read on the internet, too." Made me think twice about just taking all that info in at face value  :rolleyes: I wonder if all the GPA/GRE posts are inflated, too..

Haha, thats so true!! I post my undergrad GPA as a 2.8, sadly thats what it was lol. Good luck to all CA applicants!!!

I wonder all the time if people are honest on here!  I definitely am... what would be the point in lying on a forum with other students?!?!  It just seems cruel!!!  

Whaaaaat? I just got home and saw that someone was "accepted" to SDSU. As it is, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. Ugh, people making things up.

I just saw that too... Ran to check the portal (my husband doesn't have internet access at work so I'm on acceptance watch during school hours) and nothing.  <_< I'm assuming it's BS.

That person has to be trolling. There's no way they released decisions yesterday when someone said they were going to notify us today.