SLP 2013 CALIFORNIA Admissions!!

That was me!!! Swear it's true! Some guy, I accidentally hit reject the call because I am an idiot and he said I was in! So shocked. Good luck to everyone else!

Someone posted that they got a voicemail acceptance from SDSU?! -----> skeptical.

Does SDSU do funding? That's the only thing I could thing of, if there was funding involved, but you'd think the excited OP would have mentioned it...

Haven't checked the portal but last night it didn't say anything. Just talked to Dr. Ignatius Nip, he was very nice. Says there is no formal open house planned but people can just schedule a visit whenever (except he said the campus is closed on April 1, so not then). They don't know yet how much money they have for assistantships and funding in general but he said they should know how much they have and who gets what before the April 15th deadline.

it begins!!! congrats! can you post your stats for us?? :)

and i recieved a call from an 858 number yesterday (thats san diego, btw) and my heart jumped. I picked it up and it was UCSD (my undergrad institution) asking for an alumni donation.... AGHHHHh

Haven't checked the portal but last night it didn't say anything. Just talked to Dr. Ignatius Nip, he was very nice. Says there is no formal open house planned but people can just schedule a visit whenever (except he said the campus is closed on April 1, so not then). They don't know yet how much money they have for assistantships and funding in general but he said they should know how much they have and who gets what before the April 15th deadline.

Congrats! Are you in CA or out-of-state?

That was me!!! Swear it's true! Some guy, I accidentally hit reject the call because I am an idiot and he said I was in! So shocked. Good luck to everyone else!

Whaaaaat!!! Thats awesome!!! Congrats! I better turn the ringer up on my phone and say a little prayer lol

So nerve wracking. I met my husband for lunch and gave him a heads up about the phone calls, but he works as a paraeducator with a behavioural class so if he happens to get a call, I won't hear about it until a few hours from now. Ugh! I'm not too optimistic, looking at the stats posted so far - his GPA is great and his V/Q scores were solid on the GRE, but he got a 3.0 on the AW... it might be an instant disqualify.  :mellow:

Did anyone have their interview with CSULA yet? FYI-Someone told me 3 situational questions were asked and the writing segment was unrelated to CD.

Anyone have an example of what situational questions they asked- please post here. Thanks! :)

Has anyone gotten any rejection notifications from SDSU?

I saw that people had gotten acceptances today, so I checked webportal. Still in limbo. These next 2 weeks are gonna go by slowly!

Has anyone heard anything from CSUF yet? They're supposed to let us know starting today! I wonder if they're emailing, calling, physical mailing, or just using their website?

I just finished my interview at CSULA, too. The faculty there are so NICE. They were not intimidating at all, and were very welcoming. I was blown away by that because some other schools' faculty have been so cold and unwelcoming. YK, you're right, there is a prompt, however I do not feel comfortable giving others an unfair advantage by releasing the questions. Sorry.

Has anyone gotten any rejection notifications from SDSU?

I saw that people had gotten acceptances today, so I checked webportal. Still in limbo. These next 2 weeks are gonna go by slowly!

Nope. Checked again just a half hour ago. Still says that it's being reviewed by the department. 

Bummed. He just got home, no call. Not to jump to conclusions but I think some assumptions can safely be made....

I'm inclined to agree. Just wish they would give out rejections so it'd be official.

Edit:just got the email! So rejections are going out now.

Edited by stacey06