Speech Pathology - Texas Schools

Hi guys,

I'm applying for speech-path programs and I was wondering if anyone had heard back from schools such as, Baylor, TCU, ACU, Texas State, Texas Women's University, UNT or Stephen F. Austin?

Also, has anyone heard good or bad things about any of these programs in particular? Thanks!!   :)

I know I already commented on the other thread, but I figured i'd post here, too, just to get the ball rolling ;)

I applied to TCU and Baylor, even though I've never been to texas! It just seems like a fun state to live in for 2+ years, and is still relatively close and accessible to my family.

Anyone else applying to Baylor for Summer '13??

Heyy my fellow Texan's! We appear to be a rare breed on the grad cafe!

UNT- I am biased because I did my undergrad there!! Loved the clinic and everything about it! My boyfriend still lives in Denton so I am always up there! They notify the 3rd week of march usually!

TWU- I have heard good things about the program and have a friend that loves it! They notify around the 3rd to 4th week of March as well.

Texas state- they notified me of my rejection the first week of may last year. Talk about stringing someone along!! I have a close friend in their program and she loves it!

SFA- had a bad experience with them last year because they said my application was complete and then sent me a rejection saying it was incomplete and that I was from the University of South Carolina with someone else's GRE scores..... Yeah, they gave me my application fee back. It was very strange!

That's all I know about the programs you listed! GOOD LUCK!

Edited by meangreen23

Hello All,

For those of you waiting to hear back from University of North Texas, they are still reviewing applications at this time. The person I spoke to said to expect a decision by early April.

Geeez they are taking their sweet time this year!! Edited by meangreen23

Oh wow, that's pretty late! I hope we do hear from TCU and Baylor soon at least haha

TCU apparently made decisions last week. Accepted applicants will be called, wait-listed applicants will be emailed, and rejected applicants will be notified via mail.  Baylor says by 4/1, so I'm hoping we will know by next Friday!!!

Oh and I didn't clarify, but TCU said we should hear by this week. I'm sure the letters will take longer than emails, for example, so I'm not feeling too optimistic :P I know it's a super competitive program, though!!

Ahh I used the wrong term haha I have a fever right now so I am going to blame it on that!! They do their admissions in waves until their program is full. So they might send out the first wave next week and give them 2 weeks to respond. Then they would send out the second wave and give them two weeks to reply and so on until all available spots are filled. I got rejected the first week of may last year.. So it went on for a while!