how long from app. deadline to hearing back

twert

hey just wondering how long it took for other people to hear back from their schools after application closing dates, or how long have others been waiting so far?

I applied to two schools and haven't heard back from either, one school has been 8 weeks the other only 3...

Well, I applied to one school Dec. 15th.

They didn't finish "processing" it in the regular Grad Office of Admissions until the end of December/beginning of January.

I'm probably rejected now, but - they never informed me- I had to email them!

I think that after 4 or 5 weeks, depending on the program, you should email them.... if it gets to be more than 6 weeks - call them.

Just look at it this way: Be annoying (not really, just extremely exuberant and determined)! You're PAYING THEM for their time (your app fee)!

I have a 12/15 deadline school I still haven't heard back from.

I also had a few *very* quick notifiers. One school sent me my acceptance letter a week after they received all my materials (edit to add: the letter came in the mail and was dated a day after they received my materials).

Fastest acceptance: 5 weeks

Slowest acceptance: 2 months

Fastest rejection: 2 months

Slowest rejection: still waiting for a program with a 1/15 deadline. (rejection assumed based on rumor from highly reliable sources.)

I had two due on Jan 15 and two due on Feb 1. Turned them all in a day or two before deadline. I got an accept from one of the January schools on Tuesday -- so that's just shy of two months. Still waiting on the other three.

I applied to two schools on Jan 8 and one school on Feb 3. I've received no official decision from any of the schools, but one school (Jan. app) did notify me through email that I have been placed on the waiting list. No word yet from the other two (still under review, not a delayed rejection).

My schools all had 12/15 or 1/1 deadlines. I submitted my apps about 1-2 weeks before the deadline for most programs. I had a couple of interviews in late January (I ended up withdrawing my app to those schools). My first three admits came in the first 10 days of February, my last one on the last day of February. There didn't seem to be any meaningful correlation between the submission deadlines and the acceptance offers.