NYU and NYC/NJ area schools

has anyone heard anything from New York medical college yet? I interviewed towards the end of february and the professor said we should get a decision by the middle to end of march!

has anyone heard anything from New York medical college yet? I interviewed towards the end of february and the professor said we should get a decision by the middle to end of march!

I interviewed on 2/20 and they also said end of March-beginning of April...kinda vague lol. I called admissions today and they said we should hear sometime next week.....I am so nervous!!!!

Congrats!!!! How relieved do you feel now? lol....

as you know, hopeful, pretty darn relieved. :) i was working myself into a frenzy. good luck to all!

What in the heck is up with Hunter. I guess they sent out all their rejections today. I knew it was tough to get in but some of you have amazing stats and work history...Their loss. Best of luck!

Hello all Im new here...Congrats on all of the acceptances..I tested the waters this application season.. Only applied to 1 school..YES A BIG RISK..I know..I didnt get in I was sad but Hey.. Thats not gonna stop me!! Dec/Jan will be here before you know it!! :)

For anyone wondering about Montclair's aid, I just got an email from the graduate coordinator about interviewing for a GA position (provided I accept the offer). Also apparently there were over 500 applicants!!

Anyone hear anything from Mercy College on this thread after their interview? I had an interview recently and haven't heard back and some people have already..I think they are evaluating each person carefully after their interview. They did say by April 15th, so I'll have to be patient. GL!

I got the email about a graduate assistantship from Montclair too. It's making me seriously re-evaluate Montclair versus my top choice of BU...ahhh
BU is one of my top choices, too! I just can't wait for this all to be over!

For anyone wondering about Montclair's aid, I just got an email from the graduate coordinator about interviewing for a GA position (provided I accept the offer). Also apparently there were over 500 applicants!!

I got the email from Montclair as well. But it says interviews won't be until June... when obviously we're supposed to be decided by. Like do I put down multiple deposits? The length of Montclair's program is a bit of a deterrent for me, but if I got a GA position then I think I'd probably go... ahh I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also, since 3 of us on here got the email, I'm wondering how many were sent out. Like if there are 2 positions available and 50 interviewing, the chances clearly are nothing to count on. 

I got the email from Montclair as well. But it says interviews won't be until June... when obviously we're supposed to be decided by. Like do I put down multiple deposits? The length of Montclair's program is a bit of a deterrent for me, but if I got a GA position then I think I'd probably go... ahh I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also, since 3 of us on here got the email, I'm wondering how many were sent out. Like if there are 2 positions available and 50 interviewing, the chances clearly are nothing to count on. 

I was thinking the same thing. I'd really prefer not to lose $200 on a possibility. The length plus my prereqs pretty much negates the benefit of paying in-state tuition. Basically I will probably be declining Montclair's offer. So good luck to you and gingersnap if you guys decide to accept and interview!!

Thanks maggiebSLP!

Are you choosing between Indiana University-Bloomington and BU then? I don't know about Indiana, but BU's program is so expensive. For me, it's just so hard to decide whether to base my decision between BU and Montclair on finances or not. I think I really need to do some more research about Montclair's program first.

Thanks maggiebSLP!

Are you choosing between Indiana University-Bloomington and BU then? I don't know about Indiana, but BU's program is so expensive. For me, it's just so hard to decide whether to base my decision between BU and Montclair on finances or not. I think I really need to do some more research about Montclair's program first.

Yep! And you're right, BU is ridiculously expensive (not as bad as NYU though) but it seems like a great program. I was drawn to the wide variety of clinical opportunities available to students, and of course being in Boston doesn't hurt! It's a tough choice!

I went to MSU as an undergrad and took the anatomy prereq in the graduate program. My experience was wonderful. My professor and the current grad students were all extremely nice and helpful and seemed to really bond. The only thing I should mention is that the classes in the communication sciences department are held almost exclusively at the clinic off campus (a 10 minute drive). This means there is little to no interaction with any of the other graduate departments. If that's not a big deal then great but it's something to consider!

Thank you maggiebSLP for sharing your experience! That makes me feel better about my decision to go to Montclair :) I hope the rest of you are feeling good about your choices too!! And congrats on the GA interview offers!

Also I must admit that I was a little bummed when I realized that most of my classes would be off campus--I'll need to commute for a least the first couple of semesters, and the SLP center is not exactly near the train :( I really don't want to drive either--Route 3 is a mess!!

Thank you maggiebSLP for sharing your experience! That makes me feel better about my decision to go to Montclair :) I hope the rest of you are feeling good about your choices too!! And congrats on the GA interview offers!

Also I must admit that I was a little bummed when I realized that most of my classes would be off campus--I'll need to commute for a least the first couple of semesters, and the SLP center is not exactly near the train :( I really don't want to drive either--Route 3 is a mess!!

It just so happens I can help you out with that!! You can pick up the 705 bus from the Red Hawk Deck (right across from the Montclair Heights station) which will take you to Broad Street. It's a short walk (barely 10 minutes) to the clinic! Routes 3 and 46 are always awful, so this is another option!

Edit: Also if you take the train to Newark Penn there's another bus that goes right by the clinic. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact number, but I think it was 80 something?  :P Check NJ Transit!  :)

Edited by maggiebSLP

It just so happens I can help you out with that!! You can pick up the 705 bus from the Red Hawk Deck (right across from the Montclair Heights station) which will take you to Broad Street. It's a short walk (barely 10 minutes) to the clinic! Routes 3 and 46 are always awful, so this is another option!

Edit: Also if you take the train to Newark Penn there's another bus that goes right by the clinic. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact number, but I think it was 80 something?  :P Check NJ Transit!  :)

Thank you so much!! This is a huge help. I was thinking that I would need to walk from the train or get a bike or something. I wasn't sure if there were any buses but I'm so glad I mentioned this.

Also congrats on IU!! BU is a great place, but you'll save so much living in Bloomington versus Boston. And Bloomington is a cool place--one of my coworkers in NYC when to IU for undergraduate and had a great time. 

Thank you so much!! This is a huge help. I was thinking that I would need to walk from the train or get a bike or something. I wasn't sure if there were any buses but I'm so glad I mentioned this.   Also congrats on IU!! BU is a great place, but you'll save so much living in Bloomington versus Boston. And Bloomington is a cool place--one of my coworkers in NYC when to IU for undergraduate and had a great time. 
Thanks! And I'm glad to help! Send me a message if you have anymore questions :)

I keep seeing Seton Hall acceptances trickle in 1 at a time...why do they insist on informing one person a day? lol! I wish they'd update their website as well. Mine hasn't been updated since I submitted it back in early January. The tuition at Seton is $1, 033 per credit hr, so I think people are just wilting at the thought....
& Hopeful! no matter what happens, you are safe now. May I ask which school is your top choice thus far?

I keep seeing Seton Hall acceptances trickle in 1 at a time...why do they insist on informing one person a day? lol! I wish they'd update their website as well. Mine hasn't been updated since I submitted it back in early January. The tuition at Seton is $1, 033 per credit hr, so I think people are just wilting at the thought....

& Hopeful! no matter what happens, you are safe now. May I ask which school is your top choice thus far?

My top would be NYMC and then St.Rose and Kean are tied for 2 lol...I'm trying not to get my hopes up for NYMC though, just got the mail and nothing today...I am definitely happy that I am finally safe now and I would be happy to go to St. Rose! Where were you accepted??

:) I'm only going to announce the school I've picked after I made my decision, and I still have like 4 or 5 more schools to hear from, plus the two on my wait list. I'd like to remain a little inconspicuous in that sense. It's like a surprise for you guys lol. But, I will tell you that the school that has accepted me is not one high on my list and it's very much a safety school, only because it's far for me and I'd like to remain in the NE if I can.

:) I'm only going to announce the school I've picked after I made my decision, and I still have like 4 or 5 more schools to hear from, plus the two on my wait list. I'd like to remain a little inconspicuous in that sense. It's like a surprise for you guys lol. But, I will tell you that the school that has accepted me is not one high on my list and it's very much a safety school, only because it's far for me and I'd like to remain in the NE if I can.

Haha thats to funny, gotta love the element of surprise! Well I hope you hear back soon! I still have quite a few left to hear from as well, it's so crazy as it is April 5th already!