UC DAVIS

llcooln6

I haven't heard yet either. I've emailed the person in charge of grad school stuff three times and she hasn't responded. I emailed the prof I want to work with, and he told me to contact her - how useful!

Same with me, I'm an R. Maybe it means we're waitlisted and they just don't want to tell us until a final decision is made...?

Don't assume any such thing.. My surname starts with S and my status has not been updated either. I however know from an email from the professor that its most likely going to be a rejection. The grad school people are probably just lazy to update the status of the rejected applicants.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally just called them and they told me my decision was "pending" - it's two days till the deadline!! She was nice and told me that the recommendation was one for denial, but keeping something pending this long is just ridiculous and wrong.

Got an email from them today(!!):

We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on April 21, 2009, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site. Please contact the Psychology program if you have any questions regarding this decision.

Best regards,

Office of Graduate Admissions and Academic Services

University of California, Davis

---------------------------

Makes no sense at all.. I got an email last night from MIT BCS too saying that they were sorry that they couldn't admit me ..blah blah.. but why now?! Couldn't they have done this at least 2 days before the 15th of April, is this some joke?

Status updated

Deny reason 2:

No major professor available in proposed specialization in major.

WTF! There was this prof who I've been in touch with (still am) who does exactly the work I wished to do. I can't make sense of any of this..

• 9 months later...

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear from UC Davis too and haven't seen much. From the results search, it looks like there's an interview weekend 3/1 for the social program. Haven't seen anything for psychobiology, which is what I applied to.

• 2 weeks later...