Stanford delaying MSCS decisions?

xGeek

has everyone received their decisions at the same time....

@naijaba... didi u just receive ur decision?

i am still waiting to hear back  :(

I just asked them. I didn't get in.

They sent the email yesterday, but somehow I didn't get it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I've got a crazy question for Stanford MSCS applicants and admits.....

I'm a business background applicant that wants to apply for the new joint degree program this coming Fall for MBA and MSCS.  I do not have a CS background.  I have a business background, but learning to develop is one of the primary reasons that I am interested in going back to school.  

Stanford's admissions FAQ's says:

Q: Do you have to be a Computer Science undergraduate major to apply?

A: No, it is not required that a student have majored in CS but it is important that you have strong quantitative and analytical skills.

But, does anyone know people that actually got accepted without a CS background?  I scored 99th percentile on the GMAT and hopefully will do just as well with the GRE.  I will be taking a few programming courses this years, including 2 NDO's from Stanford to try to prepare...... but that is really limited experience!

Any similar profiles out there?

Hi all,

Just checking back at this thread - I accepted my offer to Stanford's CS MS program via their online acceptance form last week before the deadline, but I haven't recieved any followup information/emails.

I emailed CS Graduate Admissions and was told I'd be recieving more information over the summer, but I was curious if anyone else who has accepted their offer has recieved any information/emails regarding enrollment or housing (I know the first housing application deadline is coming up soon) ?

Hi all,

Just checking back at this thread - I accepted my offer to Stanford's CS MS program via their online acceptance form last week before the deadline, but I haven't recieved any followup information/emails.

I emailed CS Graduate Admissions and was told I'd be recieving more information over the summer, but I was curious if anyone else who has accepted their offer has recieved any information/emails regarding enrollment or housing (I know the first housing application deadline is coming up soon) ?

I accepted a couple of weeks ago, and aside from a short confirmation email I haven't received any further info either.

I did apply for housing - the decisions for that should be out by May 25th.

• 4 weeks later...