Stanford delaying MSCS decisions?

xGeek

I guess all we can do is wait and hope that they come this week. The FAQ site has been saying "end of March" for several weeks already, I never saw anything else there. I thought the March 16 date was based on the previous year results, not on what they said on their website.

Incidentally, if any of you are bored, this is an interesting insight into the Stanford admissions process: http://jackman.stanford.edu/papers/pa04.pdf

I don't know how similar to the CS process it is.

This email from the year 2000 is also interesting - http://lindholm.jp/src/chinf_adm.html - suggesting that applicants with NDO courses under their belt have to meet a lower threshold. (No idea if that's still true.)

My money's on either tonight or two weeks time (say the 29th). I think there's a slightly higher probability of it being the former - i.e. tonight. 

I really wish it's tonight but I am not at all confident, if I have to take a bet I'd say next week at the earliest. Hopefully I'm wrong :)

I think it won't be today. Last year they sent their emails out at (approximately) midnight GMT - it's well past that now and nothing. They may have changed their servers to run on Pacific time but that's unlikely! 

Another couple of weeks to wait I think :-)

I think it won't be today. Last year they sent their emails out at (approximately) midnight GMT - it's well past that now and nothing. They may have changed their servers to run on Pacific time but that's unlikely! 

Another couple of weeks to wait I think :-)

just spoke with a member of the admissions committee. They are making decisions this week and will release the decisions by the end of this week (i guess, Friday)!

@ssk2 .... you mentioned that you re-applied this Fall, so did you have to re-send your official transcripts? because the website says, if re-applying, we really don't have to unless they notify us asking for them!

just wanted to make sure, if I don't make it this year  :rolleyes:

Haha, well, I did - although probably didn't need to, figured the £10 + postage was worth the additional peace of mind...if I get in, I'll ask for the spare ones back :-D