Stanford delaying MSCS decisions?

xGeek

Agree with you, pogopuschel. Historically they've not given out decisions over the weekend - always been a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning.

In the meantime, I had an interesting idea - which I thought hard about implementing (but decided against doing so because it'd be a magnificent waste of money).

Thought it would be quite neat to have a little Python script running checking my inbox for a decisions email from Stanford which triggers a socket on a smart power switch (e.g. this, they've got a command line utility in Windows here and there's a community developed Linux utility here) hooked up to a small electric oven. I could put a tray of cookie dough in and leave this thing running. Since the email is most likely to arrive at night - I'd be sleeping. If it was a rejection - I'd wake up to disappointing news but a fresh batch of cookies to cheer me up. If it was an acceptance, I'd could celebrate with a fresh batch of cookies for breakfast!

Edited by ssk2

I am frankly surprised, I can't imagine what their criteria might be. I'm hoping it's not the GRE so it looks like research experience is also important for them

What's your GPA like xGeek? I've got one publication in a decent conference, a three years of work experience, five internships and a decent GRE score so I reckon my undergraduate grades sunk me. I did pretty poorly in my first couple of years at university.

Edit: So I've now received what appears to be both an acceptance and a rejection for this program.

hah. I'll let you know what happens when the quantum state collapses

Edited by Haggis

Rejection here too. I'm also not sure what they were looking for, but It wasn't me I guess!!

It sounds silly to say this AFTER I've been rejected, but I honestly feel like another school I've been accepted to is a much better overall fit for me anyways...

Congratulations to those who got accepted! To the rest, hopefully you all have a great plan B lined up!

well, it would appear I'm in after all.

Do you guys know anything about funding?

judging by the course website the TA/RA situation is pretty grim. Not sure I can afford this masters. (I had originally applied for the PhD)

has everyone received their decisions at the same time....

@naijaba... didi u just receive ur decision?

i am still waiting to hear back  :(

I haven't received the decision either. My last name begins with Z so I don't know if the results come alphabetically.

Btw, I am applying through HCP.