SAIS

invictus

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charleyj - I should clarify my previous posting. I too applied into IDEV and assumed that the acceptance was for our first choice. There was no specific mention of it in my email either. Perhaps I assumed too much! I guess it'll be clear in the hard copy admissions packet.

I didn't even notice until just now. I was admitted to the Bologna campus. Hmmm ... and don't know if it's for my first, also capped, choice. Also, don't know if there is any funding for this proposed venture. This email is leaving much more to be desired. Precisely what they wanted, I imagine.

In! No word on funding; also no word on if I got into the capped Int'l Politics or my second-choice concentration. Hmm...

Me too! Man, SAIS seemed like a stretch given I hadn't taken any undergrad Econ. That'll probably affect my funding, tho.

I had said I was ok for 1 year in Bologna and 1 year in DC, as I am an Italophone. My email just says that I will start in DC. Does anyone's email say that they will split your time between DC and Italy?

Congrats to everyone who got into SAIS. But I'm not a fan of how they're doing this. I mean they told us they would only snail mail things (at least that's the impression I got) and then turn around and e-mail people who got in leaving the rest of us to wonder what the heck is going on. Just kind of shady if you ask me. I'm just tired of feeling like I can't trust any of the schools on what they actually say! So I'm guessing those of us who haven't heard are waitlisted or out. I don't see why it's so hard to send an e-mail to us too just to let us know. Ok rant done, congrats to everyone who's in! Hopefully more of us will hear good news soon.

Haha this just gets better! So I've pretty much figured I'm either waitlisted or out at SAIS due to not getting any e-mails (99% sure) and today I get a letter from my undergrad alumni association wanting me to pay my yearly "dues" (yeah $40,000 for 4 years wasn't enough). The kicker, I went to Hopkins for undergrad (not IR). I'm going to have fun ripping up that letter. I gotta hand it to him, God does have a sense of humor, a very twisted one. :lol:

[...] leaving the rest of us to wonder what the heck is going on.

Thanks for the congrats. I totally understand what you mean because I didn't hear a peep from Fordham for almost two weeks and I could see that other people had gotten email, mail, and phone decisions already--it was absolutely tormenting! It's not fun to be on the receiving end of silence, but I think part of it is that they can't help the fact that we talk about stuff online so quickly (e.g. who got an email, who gets a snail mail letter, etc). I don't think they (or any adcomm for that matter) are intentionally trying be hurtful, but I am not discounting how you feel

I wish you (and everyone!) all the best, and hey, you have an offer from American with funding! That's a huge honour!!!! :) :) :)

I am also in as of email a few hours ago for the DC campus...no work on funding but they indicate this info will be shared in a packet being send out on Monday. I also applied to the China track but there was no mention of this in their letter.

Fingers crossed that some who haven't heard yet will get good news soon.

congrats!

I am also in but they recommend that I should attend SAIS Pre-Term English program(I am an international applicant). Anyone else is recommended with this too?

By the way, the decision letter didn't mention which concentration I am enrolled in. I chose Int'l policy as my 1st intended concentration, however, its said this one enrolls a limited number of applicants. I am not sure if the snail mail will clarify this. Anyone knows about it? Thanks.

Hi tolo, congrats and great to see you again. Looks like you've done really well this round, good for you!

About the English summer program - nothing mentioned for me. Instead, they reminded me I had to take Macro/Micro Econ enrollment prerequisites. This could be a factor, considering my iBT was 113, not too different from yours. But if it was a recommendation you don't have to take it, right?

About the concentration - same story as you, don't know if I made it into my first choice, but I'm optimistically assuming I did bcz I applied for IDEV which has capped enrollments as well.

Can't wait for the package to arrive!!

Hi, gizmooow

GREAT to see you again! I remember we both got into SIPA. So which one are you leaning toward now? Maybe you have other choices? Congrats again! you'll see the IDEV acceptance on the snail mail later :)

By the way, do you or anyone else know if its possible to switch the concentration after enrollment ? I want to take the IDEV track but I applied for Int'l policy, also a capped one ( I thought the intermediate macro/micro was a must before application, rather than enrolloment.. :evil: )

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I'm confused. In your emails, they actually wrote that you needed to attend pre-term? I'm an econ major and plan on going to pre-term since I've been out of school so long that I'm in need of a review. However, they didn't mention specifically that I needed to attend, which is quite a surprise as UCSD wanted me to go to theirs.

Also, is there info about housing online, finding roommates, etc.Housing in DC is mad expensive.