A Little Help??? (Reputations of English Programs)

Ps. I am VERY much a motivated person who wants to teach. No, a community college is not going to cut it for me. Yes, I plan to jump into doctoral studies as soon as I have an MA under my belt. No, I don't need a top 5, but yes, I would like a school with somewhat of a good reputation. 

And why would I spend tons of money and energy on applying if I wasn't doing my research. Geez.

Edited by CabinFever

Ps. I am VERY much a motivated person who wants to teach. No, a community college is not going to cut it for me. Yes, I plan to jump into doctoral studies as soon as I have an MA under my belt. No, I don't need a top 5, but yes, I would like a school with somewhat of a good reputation. 

I appreciate your candor and your passion. But a community college wasn't going to cut it for a lot of people who ended up not even being able to get community college jobs.

I appreciate your candor and your passion. But a community college wasn't going to cut it for a lot of people who ended up not even being able to get community college jobs.

Hmmm...Well, hopefully this won't be the case for me in several year's time.

...$12,000 per semester at the Master's level? From a non top-10 university? It's unheard of, quite simply. I'd really like to see the letter, if that is indeed the case. 

I don't understand why they would offer 24,000pa and only 80 (85) per cent tuition waiver. Surely they would fund the tuition waiver first?

That said, I have excellent MA funding albeit in a different country.

I don't understand why they would offer 24,000pa and only 80 (85) per cent tuition waiver. Surely they would fund the tuition waiver first?   That said, I have excellent MA funding albeit in a different country.
Exactly. Makes no sense. No jealousy, as fishbucket asserts. Just puzzlement.

clearly the program decided to give cabinfever all their money because cabinfever was the best goddamn MA student they had ever seen. Unfortunately, all the money they had only totaled $24,000. 

Okay, I laughed.

14381-Your-post-truly-disgusted-me-I-hvR

Hi guys, hoping I'm not too late to toss my 2 cents into the biscuit.

Cabinfever, I unfortunately know nothing about any of the schools you have mentioned, but have you ever heard of the Princeton College or University of the California-Berkeley? If you decide to reapply in a second round, I believe that these programs have good reputations. You might consider looking into them.