Skowhegan Decisions

Czarina

I know notifications are supposed to come out early/mid April -- figured I'd ask if this year anyone has heard anything positive/negative? Neither of my recommenders have been contacted yet, to my knowledge, wondering if this is a bad sign. 

It's just a never ending waiting game this year... if I were picked for Skowhegan it would be insane not to go but I need to establish residency in cali after finishing this bfa. To be fair I think my luck tank would be completely dry if I got accepted. 

waiting the result, too. heard nothing from skowhegan neither

I think they send out emails around 3/30,31 looking at the last year posts... ........well well well... I don't expect any good news. Im already thinking to reapply next year .........wellwellwelll still.... waiting is too hard........

is there anybody hear back fro vermont studio? I applied there too.. deadline 2/15. wondering if there's anyone who already got the notification.

a friend of mine got a no earlier this week, that's all i know.

edit: nope, the friend of mine got an email says the result will be out soon and please don't call/email us....

if there's anyone who submitted video works through vimeo, check the stats and click "top URL embeds" on the right. then you can see how many times skowhegan reviewed your work... on mine they watched total 4 times and number stopped in the end of Feb... which means......OUT.. i am guessing. not a good sign.

if there's anyone who submitted video works through vimeo, check the stats and click "top URL embeds" on the right. then you can see how many times skowhegan reviewed your work... on mine they watched total 4 times and number stopped in the end of Feb... which means......OUT.. i am guessing. not a good sign.

Does anyone know if they notify you once they make a decision or do they notify everyone in April regardless of when they accept/reject you? My feeling is that it is the latter...that being said, if you were accepted, speak up (and congratulations)!

Why is this necessarily "out"? 

I'm in the same boat about that, FYI -- 7 loads and 4 plays. Maybe there are only 4 on a committee or 4 sessions of decision making at the end of Feb

yeah I wish ...

actually I did a research.. I searched 2012 alumni on vimeo, and looked the stats pattern of videos they put last year.... all seemed to be reviewed until mid March. haha..no exception. I found three people of almost 10 videos. don't remember exactly. anyway, they showed very similar graph although the number of 'plays' varied from 4 to 7.

I guess mine was cut on some eariler round in Feb. that's what I am guessing. I hate hate hate waiting so I spent one entire day to figure out.....

good luck!! 

Hey all! I had to email to change the email address on my app, and also asked them when we'd hear. I'd heard second-hand that they were a bit backed up, but this confirmed it:

"We are currently still reviewing applications and will continue with this process through next week. Applicants should receive an email containing their acceptance status sometime in mid-April."

Good luck to all! 

Hey all! I had to email to change the email address on my app, and also asked them when we'd hear. I'd heard second-hand that they were a bit backed up, but this confirmed it:

"We are currently still reviewing applications and will continue with this process through next week. Applicants should receive an email containing their acceptance status sometime in mid-April."

Good luck to all! 

Thanks for sharing the info!!!! :=)

yeah I wish ...

actually I did a research.. I searched 2012 alumni on vimeo, and looked the stats pattern of videos they put last year.... all seemed to be reviewed until mid March. haha..no exception. I found three people of almost 10 videos. don't remember exactly. anyway, they showed very similar graph although the number of 'plays' varied from 4 to 7.

I guess mine was cut on some eariler round in Feb. that's what I am guessing. I hate hate hate waiting so I spent one entire day to figure out.....

good luck!! 

are you still showing loads from skowhegan? I have no plays but tons of loads from them over the past two weeks

are you still showing loads from skowhegan? I have no plays but tons of loads from them over the past two weeks

not mine. counting doesn't go up. both loads and plays. :( I don't know what this means... i just wish they notify asap whatever it is.

Rejected. Truth be told, my app wasn't as good as it could've been. I've also heard that odds are higher when re-applying for the 2nd or 3rd time. Looking forward to trying again next year with more studio time under my belt and hopefully, a stronger portfolio.