Still waiting? Michigan, Northwestern, Minnesota, Davis, Rochester, Boston

I'm still waiting to hear back from UMich. It has been mentioned a couple of times by people who've asked that they'll be sending out their decisions next week (although I don't see how it can be any later really).

I applied to Michigan's MSCS program... Still waiting to hear back, but at this point I've already decided on another school so I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens now :)

honestly, Michigan was so on the ball about recruiting me to apply to their programs (I received more propaganda from them than from any other school), I'm frankly surprised that they're the last ones I'm going to hear back from.

It'd be worth mentioning to them once they do give decisions out that it's really not in their best interest to leave it so late! I'm planning on doing the same. 

If it's any comfort, I'm also waiting to hear back from multiple schools: Michigan, Penn, Cornell, and Brown. It's tough. I did see that on the survey that someone indicated that 1,300+ people applied to Michigan's CSE grad program.

I feel like I have no chance at Cornell anymore, though...

Edited by ab2013

ab2013 - Have you tried contacting your other schools? Cornell is pretty good at responding to messages. Brown too.

Edited by ssk2

Brown hasn't replied yet. Cornell gave me a templated/cut-and-paste reply saying that they would be done by the end of the week.

Helpful ... considering the end of the week is tomorrow...  <_<

I have no idea. I haven't been admitted yet. Most of my profs have said that I have a very good chance (one said "95% chance" ... another said that he "would be surprised to see Michigan reject me" ... One told me that my situation was dicey, so...

I honestly don't see Penn admitting me, and I'm pretty sure I won't go to Brown if they admit me because they're kinda expensive.

I still haven't gotten results yet. But at this point I've almost given up all hope on Michigan. 

As an undergrad, it's almost awkward to step into the computer science building here...