Are there SLP programs outside the US?

There are multiple universities outside the US. I don't know them by name off the top of my head, but they're mostly in England, Australia, and Canada that I've heard of. They're each accredited through their country's version of ASHA, though.

However, the US and those countries have an agreement that they'll honor each country's accreditation, you would just have to get state or town licensure to practice outside of the country you get your Masters from. I'm sorry if that was confusing, but I hope it helps!

There are multiple universities outside the US. I don't know them by name off the top of my head, but they're mostly in England, Australia, and Canada that I've heard of. They're each accredited through their country's version of ASHA, though.

However, the US and those countries have an agreement that they'll honor each country's accreditation, you would just have to get state or town licensure to practice outside of the country you get your Masters from. I'm sorry if that was confusing, but I hope it helps!

Oh really! Thanks! I looked into a couple schools in England, but they said the were not accredited so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

If you go to school in Canada, your qualifications are recognized by ASHA. But we have very few programs (only 6 in English), so it's harder to get into than in the US.

England would be fun!

You piqued my own curiosity, so I did a little research.  Here's what I've found:

1.) There are three ASHA-accredited MS programs in Puerto Rico: University of Puerto Rico, Carlos Albizo University, and Universidad del Turabo.  I'd bet you'd need to be fluent in Spanish for these programs, but I'm not sure.

2.)  According to EdFind, there also 77 American schools with study abroad and international externship opportunities.  Some of the opportunities listed look incredible.

3.) Last but certainly not least, I found this on the ASHA website (on the International FAQs site), which should open up a lot of options!:

The Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) mutually recognizes the certification programs in speech-language pathology conducted by the six signatories to the agreement:

Edited by katie-bird