False Alarm -or- Why I Hate This Process

MDLee

So, I sent an email to U-SC last week inquiring about my status. I got a response in the email box today:

"Hello, Please contact the department regarding acceptance information. thank you."

And it listed the department phone number. I called...and I ended up in this voicemail box that said, "The applications are currently under review. Thank you."

HUH?!

Then I re-read it. And realized. It wasn't MY acceptance information that I was told to contact about. It was acceptance information in general.

LAME. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dear whoever sent this double lame email making us all think I was admitted to your stupid program.

GOTOHELL.

Thank you.

One=Frustrated=Grad=Student.

...On that note: My department chair said he doesn't think I have a strong shot at U-SC OR Iowa. "Its just a bad year" He said. Then he told me that perhaps I should apply with UNLV next year. er...I thought that was academic incest and you guys were telling me not to? This is a bad sign for me, I think. :lol:

• 2 years later...

I go to UNLV now and I am in the Liberal Arts college. I think they have a pretty good faculty, though I don't know much other majors besides anthro and psych. I would take a look at the faculty before you totally write UNLV off. There are a number of faculty here who have Ivy League PhDs in the Liberal Arts college. The benefit of a school like UNLV is that it wants to make a name for itself, so many departments work a little harder here than at many other universities, IMO. However, attending UNLV does kind of carry stigma/connotations.

So, I sent an email to U-SC last week inquiring about my status. I got a response in the email box today:

"Hello, Please contact the department regarding acceptance information. thank you."

And it listed the department phone number. I called...and I ended up in this voicemail box that said, "The applications are currently under review. Thank you."

HUH?!

Then I re-read it. And realized. It wasn't MY acceptance information that I was told to contact about. It was acceptance information in general.

LAME. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh man, that would have been for me a major meltdown. It's almost like when I got home the other night and saw a big white packet on the counter, my gut reaction was "Oh my god, it's here, acceptance packet!" No, it wasn't, not even close. I was really depressed after that.