Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

GRAD CAFE COMMMUNITY I GOT THE ETA AWARD TO GO TO SPAIN OMG IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO TELL ME BY MID APRIL BUT THEY TOLD ME JUST NOW OMG AHHH!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

FELICIDADES POR SER ACEPTADO! (I don't speak spanish, that's from google translate haha)

I'm smiling from ear to ear at your excitement! I hope to feel the same way in a couple of weeks!!!!

I just didn't expect to get it that's the thing and...oh man I've never been to Spain hahaha...I'm still in shock...I'm like ...I don't know what to do with myself right now ....TO THE FREEZER..I KNOW THERE'S SOME ICE CREAM IN THERE! YEUSS

Hey all! Just found out that I was not selected for the Spain ETA. I'm still sort of letting it sink in....but that's life, I guess! There's always the future. More chances to apply, other things to apply for...we'll see! Best of luck to everyone who is still in the running! 

Hey there, I just read this. I'm so sorry to hear about this...but as someone said earlier...your positive attitude will take you far, so don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!! We support you here!

Also just received the email- selected for ETA to Spain! Now for you other Spain ETAers, when/how do we find out if we're going to Madrid or Cantabria?

FELICIDADES! I think they will specify in a few weeks when they send us the emails with the information. Did your heart stop when you saw "(P)" on the subject line??????? 

FELICIDADES! I think they will specify in a few weeks when they send us the emails with the information. Did your heart stop when you saw "(P)" on the subject line??????? 

It did! I was hoping to be able to prepare myself before reading the email, but it worked out well regardless. Okay thanks, I hope we find out soon! Madrid and Cantabria are like night and day so I am definitely still curious.

:D Muchas felicidades a ustedes dos. ¡Que alegria!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note,

Fellow waegukins, if USA.J is right, then it in only a few minutes more. I'm dying and increasingly convinced I didn't  get it. Good luck to all and congratualitions to those that get good news. 

GE

I HAVE BEEN INCESSANTLY REFRESHING MY EMAIL SINCE!!!! WTH? I CAN'T TAKE THE SUSPENSE!! 

It did! I was hoping to be able to prepare myself before reading the email, but it worked out well regardless. Okay thanks, I hope we find out soon! Madrid and Cantabria are like night and day so I am definitely still curious.

I don;t know much about Cantabria..but the nice thing about it is that it has a nice beach..and since im from SoCal it would feel a little bit like home. I'm fine with either place but I think I'd prefer Cantabria because it's not as expensive as Madrid. 

I HAVE BEEN INCESSANTLY REFRESHING MY EMAIL SINCE!!!! WTH? I CAN'T TAKE THE SUSPENSE!! 

Long time lurker, posting to vent my frustrations. I feel a little lied to... I mean, we had no guarantee that it was coming out today, and with the government shutdown I wouldn't be surprised if they were delayed...

ARGHHHHH.

I just didn't expect to get it that's the thing and...oh man I've never been to Spain hahaha...I'm still in shock...I'm like ...I don't know what to do with myself right now ....TO THE FREEZER..I KNOW THERE'S SOME ICE CREAM IN THERE! YEUSS

Congrats!!!! This is an amazing opportunity! You deserve it!  :)

MINE DID.

And congrats to the happy people who also got it, good luck to the alternates, and condolences to those who weren't accepted (I know the feel).

Good luck to everyone else still awaiting decisions or hoping to be removed from the alternate list. I ain't leaving this thread, even though I've heard.

I guess Germany isn't hearing till next week... if then... :(

How do you know!? Now I'm all jittery because Spain found out today.....!! eeeeek

Hey all! Just found out that I was not selected for the Spain ETA. I'm still sort of letting it sink in....but that's life, I guess! There's always the future. More chances to apply, other things to apply for...we'll see! Best of luck to everyone who is still in the running! 

Hey, I'm sorry to hear this. It happens, but another opportunity will no doubt come your way. Echoing everyone else on this forum, just being nominated is a great honor and it means that your application was super strong.

If you have your heart set on teaching English in Spain my friend did one in Galicia and really loved it. She was paid 700 euros a month with free housing. I'm not sure the name of the program but I guess you can Google something along those lines. I remember the application was due sometime in May.

Strangely so convinced that we'll hear something today.. of course just wishful thinking.. Fingers crossed for all you guys

Are you an India applicant as well? I realy hope we hear something soon. Last year they notified the finalist on March 19th. :mellow:

fulbright_to_India:    I'm an India applicant and it's killing me! It has to come soon right?- it's almost 10 days later than last year at this point. 

I hear you. I've been restless for far too long now. I just hope we hear before grad school deadlines. Are you an ETA or Research?

GRAD CAFE COMMMUNITY I GOT THE ETA AWARD TO GO TO SPAIN OMG IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO TELL ME BY MID APRIL BUT THEY TOLD ME JUST NOW OMG AHHH!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Accepted to Spain too for full research grant!

Also just received the email- selected for ETA to Spain! Now for you other Spain ETAers, when/how do we find out if we're going to Madrid or Cantabria?

Congratulations to those who were accepted today! Condolences to those who weren't—I hope you will remember to be kind yourselves over the weekend.

Yeloquehay, as many have already pointed out, the fact that you were recommended at all paired with your ability to take this in stride and move forward with a good attitude makes your success in other endeavors seem inevitable. It may be too soon to ask, but do you think you will apply again? 

Nuerovivor, japaniia, and kp_jabalí, it's a such a welcome vicarious pleasure to hear your exciting news! 

Edited by Varlet Sirin

I hear you. I've been restless for far too long now. I just hope we hear before grad school deadlines. Are you an ETA or Research?

ETA- what about you? & what is your area of research ? I am so excited, I haven't spoken to any other India candidates!

Accepted to Spain too for full research grant!

HEY NOW! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :-D Congratulations people! You deserve it! And a special congrats to my fellow Gilman Alumna! Woot~~~!

And for those who didn't get accepted, I'm so sorry and I hope something amazing happens for you extremely soon! You know what they say, when one door closes, another surely opens ^_^  

My Korea people!!!!!! LET'S STAY POSITIVE FOR NEXT WEEK! I think I might make a call or send an email if we don't hear by next Tuesday. Until then, I'm going to start working on my grad application for Korea! Fingers crossed~~~

~~~~~ :D  Good luck to all who are still waiting! :D ~~~~~~

ETA- what about you? & what is your area of research ? I am so excited, I haven't spoken to any other India candidates!

Are you an India applicant as well? I realy hope we hear something soon. Last year they notified the finalist on March 19th. :mellow:

Ahh yay for India applicants. I'm ETA also! This suspense is legitimately killing me..

Ahh yay for India applicants. I'm ETA also! This suspense is legitimately killing me..

Glad to hear from other India applicants. I'm hoping to conduct research on the history of African American Jazz musicians that moved to India in the 1920s-1940s to escape segregation in the USA, as well as the impact of the US State Dept jazz tours to India during the Cold War of 1950s and 60s.

Edited by fulbright_to_India

HEY NOW! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :-D Congratulations people! You deserve it! And a special congrats to my fellow Gilman Alumna! Woot~~~!

And for those who didn't get accepted, I'm so sorry and I hope something amazing happens for you extremely soon! You know what they say, when one door closes, another surely opens ^_^

My Korea people!!!!!! LET'S STAY POSITIVE FOR NEXT WEEK! I think I might make a call or send an email if we don't hear by next Tuesday. Until then, I'm going to start working on my grad application for Korea! Fingers crossed~~~

~~~~~ :D  Good luck to all who are still waiting! :D ~~~~~~

Thanks ginagoestokorea!!!!!! Best of luck to you too! Gilmans unite! <3 !!!! :D :D