Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

nevmind

Mumstheword, does the 'TZ' in your program description stand for Tanzania? I submitted a Full Research application for Tanzania, so I'd be happy to see another Tanzania hopeful on here! 

Hey Fulbright hopefuls; I just received an email from my FPA as follows:

"I just received word that you will be notified via email on Tuesday, 1/28 sometime after 5pm as to whether your application was RECOMMENDED or NOT RECOMMENDED to your potential host country."

Hope this eases some of your stress and worries for the time being! :)

"I just received word that you will be notified via email on Tuesday, 1/28 sometime after 5pm as to whether your application was RECOMMENDED or NOT RECOMMENDED to your potential host country."

THIS IS NEWS.  I LIKE NEWS.

Nice! Thanks for sharing this.

I don't know if I can wait until Tuesday though.  :wacko:

Thank you so much for posting this. Seriously. I can now focus on finalizing my lectures for next week and stop jumping at every "ding". 

It surely does! Good luck! Care to share what your project is about?

Hooray! Mambo :) 

I'm in Public Health--I want to help quantify a reduction in malaria risk as a result of recent community-based larval habitat surveillance efforts out in Ifakara, Tanzania (near Morogoro) through geo-spatial hot spot analysis. I also proposed to teach a few basic seminars in statistics and epidemiology because there's a strong need for quantitative methodology over there. Where are you thinking about working? 

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can now stop checking the forum and my email, and go on with my day :)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can now stop checking the forum and my email, and go on with my day :)

Not me...I feel like this is a trick to get us to stop worrying.  Really though, it's all a massive plot by the Fulbright committee...

In reality, they'll announce it when we least expect it... <_<

Not me...I feel like this is a trick to get us to stop worrying.  Really though, it's all a massive plot by the Fulbright committee...

In reality, they'll announce it when we least expect it... <_<

Wouldn't it be nice if it were today LOL!

Did your FPA mention why they were sending out notices later than expected? If it is indeed Tuesday, then they would be breaking their 5 year-streak of Thursday/Friday notices. I somehow feel there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we are clueless on.

Did your FPA mention why they were sending out notices later than expected? If it is indeed Tuesday, then they would be breaking their 5 year-streak of Thursday/Friday notices. I somehow feel there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we are clueless on.

There has to be something going on. If there's a 20% chance that notifications fall on Monday - Friday in a given year, the fact that notifications have fallen on a Thursday or Friday for the past 5 years gives that a p-value of .01, which is definitely scientifically significant!  ;)