Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

By the way, I find it highly interesting that an online forum community is creating spreadsheets with useful information on Fulbright. This is data people, legit research, I hope you all update the spreadsheet with the decisions made today so it could be useful for others in the future. 

Seriously.  What I wouldn't give for this kind of data about my research population!

But hey, Fulbright, fund me and I'll totally get that data, AND MORE!

Haha, 155! Well, either way, I appreciate the community that this forum has built around the Fulbright stress. It definitely is a lot better for me to troll on here regularly instead of taking that anxious energy into my professional and academic life.

If I am recommended, I plan on spending the evening dancing along to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqHBdRlGHKg

and if not, cuddling with my cat.

Just finished school for the day, I officially have nothing to do for the next few hours but panic and stress out while hitting refresh.

Btw, 161 users reading! Keep on coming, future Fulbrighters!

I plan on spending the next few hours watching movies and shows Richard Armitage is in and then eating something absolutely delightful.

Wow, I love him...good idea, and goodbye homework.

Edited by tieloran

OverworkedTA: I like your blog. Shared it on my facebook. Thank you for speaking candidly to problems of mental health in graduate school. There is so much stigma; what you're doing it brave and worthwhile! 

Aww, thank you mojodreams. It's a topic rarely discussed and while it has complicated my life a bit, I live pretty happily with a good support system and meds.  I know it affects almost everyone once in grad school, though.  Most of our department is in therapy and that's a good thing, I think!

Also, I like your name.  We had a pony named Mojo growing up.  He was a wily little thing.  I miss him sometimes.

Wow, I love him...good idea, and goodbye homework.

He is absolutely amazing. Brilliant actor, very nice person in interviews and of course, very funny. 

Can somebody please confirm that Fulbright Postgraduate Student Awards (to the UK) will also hear back today? Don't want to be freaking out for nothing

If you mean the partnership, yes they are at least the ones for the masters. My school sent an email about the different ones and when we'd hear back. 

Aww, thank you mojodreams. It's a topic rarely discussed and while it has complicated my life a bit, I live pretty happily with a good support system and meds.  I know it affects almost everyone once in grad school, though.  Most of our department is in therapy and that's a good thing, I think!

Also, I like your name.  We had a pony named Mojo growing up.  He was a wily little thing.  I miss him sometimes.

Really?! My cat's name is Mojo, and he sure acts and looks like a "Mojo" (cute). Btw, I just entered info into the spreadsheet and it looks like we both applied to Canada! 

Ditto - I'd like to know as well! Which award did you apply to?

I applied to the "open" one for postgraduate study in the UK, hopefully that's specific enough.. I should have applied in partnership with a university, but I was afraid I wouldn't get in/ would be better suited somewhere I didn't apply in direct partnership for 

Really?! My cat's name is Mojo, and he sure acts and looks like a "Mojo" (cute). Btw, I just entered info into the spreadsheet and it looks like we both applied to Canada! 

Crazy!  What in?  ETA or full grant?  Good luck!