MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

They havent even begun reviewing yet?!! OMG! Thanks for sharing this info although this news makes me lose much of my hope.

Btw, for those who applied to Queens -I did receive an offer of admission today by email :)  We are asked to accept by April 14.

Congrats!  :)

So I'm in a bit of a sticky dilemma.

I received my (official) Waterloo offer of admission a little under two weeks ago but in the offer, I was asked to accept it within two weeks of the offer date. My two top choices are U of T (HP) and Waterloo ... and I think my first choice would be U of T HP. But since I won't hear from U of T for another few weeks, does any one know if I could accept Waterloo and if I am successful with U of T, then "cancel" my acceptance to Waterloo later on?

I prefer the in-class component and have heard amazing things about U of T ... yet at the same time I'm working full-time so the Waterloo program would be ideal... ahh the dilemma! :unsure:

So I'm in a bit of a sticky dilemma.

I received my (official) Waterloo offer of admission a little under two weeks ago but in the offer, I was asked to accept it within two weeks of the offer date. My two top choices are U of T (HP) and Waterloo ... and I think my first choice would be U of T HP. But since I won't hear from U of T for another few weeks, does any one know if I could accept Waterloo and if I am successful with U of T, then "cancel" my acceptance to Waterloo later on?

I prefer the in-class component and have heard amazing things about U of T ... yet at the same time I'm working full-time so the Waterloo program would be ideal... ahh the dilemma! :unsure:

I think you should email Waterloo just to make sure.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received a rejection letter from SFU?

I haven't heard from them, and it seems like most acceptances into Population Health have been released... I'd like to know, either way.

Yep was rejected last week from the population health stream, I think Wednesday or Thursday.

is it safe to assume that if u haven't heard by now, prob not getting in?

just getting impatient with this process.  need to make ''back up'' plans asap!

hey all! been eyeing this topic and decided to join. my queens application status is still 'application complete'; does everyone know if this normal or is it supposed to say 'under review'??

I haven't heard back from Queens  :(

I wonder if this is their first round of acceptances. I had a problem with my references so my application wasn't complete until mid March. 

Does anyone know when do we have to accept the Waterloo admission by?

I wonder if this is their first round of acceptances. I had a problem with my references so my application wasn't complete until mid March. 

I haven't heard either yet! I hope its first round too. Hopefully they are sending more offers out. My application was completed on time. 

hey all! been eyeing this topic and decided to join. my queens application status is still 'application complete'; does everyone know if this normal or is it supposed to say 'under review'??

We get an email before that status is updated anyways so look for an email. It doesn't say under review. 

Edited by grad91

We get an email before that status is updated anyways so look for an email.

alright thanks! congrats to all that got in :) hopefully that was just the first round for queens, this wait is driving me insane!

Huge congrats to all those who have received offers! :)

I'm still waiting for UofT, Waterloo, and Queen's. With UofT's applicant pool this year, I'm anticipating some bad news. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

I've been following this forum for a while so I figured I might as well join in :) . I received an offer of admission from SFU last Monday for the Env & Occupational Health stream, as well as a rejection from McGill. Still waiting on Queen's and Guelph. Apparently my application is still under review at Queen's, which makes me nervous as there seems to be a wave of admission that went out yesterday. Hopefully I'll hear soon as I have to get back to SFU by next Monday!

Good luck to everyone still waiting on offers and making tough choices!

Hi fig,

There should be a line in your Waterloo offer letter on Quest that says they require a response within two weeks of the date of offer (I assumed the date on my letter, and not when I received the notification email which was a few days later...).

Hope that helps!

Hi everyone, registered just so I could update. Today I received my e-mail offer of admission from UAlberta for MPH - Policy and Management stream. I am an RN, graduated 2012 with a 3.4/4.0 GPA. UAlberta was my only application so I will definitely be accepting. Good luck to all!

Edit: My Beartracks status is still "Decision Pending"

Your application has been reviewed by our Admissions Committee, and I am pleased to tell you that we plan to recommend you for admission to the Master of Public Health (MPH) – Health Policy and Management program as a Campus student for September 2014. Congratulations on this achievement. We received a very large number of applications this year—far more than we are able to accommodate. As a result, only the most competitive applicants are being recommended for admission.

In order to guarantee your place in the MPH – Health Policy and Management program, you must confirm Healthy Policy and Management Program Director by email by April 4, 2014, if you intend to accept this offer. After this date, open seats will be offered to applicants on our waiting list.

Our recommendation for admission will go to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) where a final decision will be made. This recommendation will go to FGSR only if you confirm your acceptance of our offer
Edited by luckydvl