MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

Hey, I am a new user!

I applied to UofT Epi, Queens MPH. 

Has anyone gotten accepted/rejected from UofT epi?? My application says "under review"

Thanks!!!

I've been following this forum for a while so I figured I might as well join in :) . I received an offer of admission from SFU last Monday for the Env & Occupational Health stream, as well as a rejection from McGill. Still waiting on Queen's and Guelph. Apparently my application is still under review at Queen's, which makes me nervous as there seems to be a wave of admission that went out yesterday. Hopefully I'll hear soon as I have to get back to SFU by next Monday!

Good luck to everyone still waiting on offers and making tough choices!

Hi Ell,

How do you know if your application is under review at Queens? My status says "application complete". 

Edited by figuringitout

Just letting everyone know, sounds like they have started reviewing applications this morning at U of T.

Oh man - FINALLY. Hopefully they speed through the review process...

Just letting everyone know, sounds like they have started reviewing applications this morning at U of T.

how did you find out??

Hi Ell,

How do you know if your application is under review at Queens? My status says "application complete". 

Hi fig,

My application still says "Application Complete", and on SOLUS (Queen's admin system, I'm an alumna) it says 'University decision: pending'. I e-mailed the graduate assistant on Monday asking about the status of my application and she said it was still under review. Since finding out about the first round of admissions, I've asked again if I'm on the waitlist but haven't got a reply yet. I'll make sure to post when I do!

Hope that helps :)

Hi everyone!

Like most of you here, I've been anxiously waiting for what seems like eternity for any speck of news... I applied to MPHs at Toronto (Occupational and Environmental Health), Alberta (Global Health), Waterloo (On-Campus/Online), and University of California Berkeley (On-Campus/Online).

Yesterday, I received an official offer* for Summer 2014 start at Berkeley -- so much relief from just hearing something -- I am leaning towards it (from lack of news elsewhere...), but due to some unforeseen issues I may not be able to start the program in May... is there anyone here who might know whether I can actually defer my start date to Fall 2014?? (Berk-specific and/or any general help welcome!!) 

You guys and this forum have been my crutch these past months; it's somehow comforting to know others are in the same waiting boat (:

*Edit: Email received March 26 (7pm EST) - Official 'letter' was attached (pdf)

Edited by plumbunnie

Hello everyone, I'd like to contribute my experience so far. I've applied to Masters programs in Occupational and Environmental Health for UBC, UofT, and McGill. I don't care too much about McGill due to the lack of co-op, and haven't heard back yet. I got accepted to UBC mid February, and had an interview with UofT 2 weeks ago. My stats include ~3.9 GPA last 2 years and a couple undergrad research projects.

Does anyone know how OGS works, like when you get notified? It would cover tuition for first year at UofT, whereas at UBC I only got offered $2000... As well as any extra resources for graduate scholarships.

Hello everyone, I'd like to contribute my experience so far. I've applied to Masters programs in Occupational and Environmental Health for UBC, UofT, and McGill. I don't care too much about McGill due to the lack of co-op, and haven't heard back yet. I got accepted to UBC mid February, and had an interview with UofT 2 weeks ago. My stats include ~3.9 GPA last 2 years and a couple undergrad research projects.

Does anyone know how OGS works, like when you get notified? It would cover tuition for first year at UofT, whereas at UBC I only got offered $2000... As well as any extra resources for graduate scholarships.

that's great bud. can you please share your profile with us?

Update on my earlier question: the Berkeley admin responded saying I could defer to Fall 2014 without any issues =]

Also, I called the following schools for decision dates (reps couldn't be 100% firm, but estimated):

uAlberta - many applications not yet reviewed by PH dept; decisions to be sent out at latest end of April

uWaterloo - all applications reviewed by PH dept; decisions/offers waiting on downstream admin; more to be sent out by next Friday, otherwise waitlisted

uToronto - application reviews have begun (but largely incomplete); decisions to be sent out at latest end of April

Hi everyone!

Like most of you here, I've been anxiously waiting for what seems like eternity for any speck of news... I applied to MPHs at Toronto (Occupational and Environmental Health), Alberta (Global Health), Waterloo (On-Campus/Online), and University of California Berkeley (On-Campus/Online).

Yesterday, I received an official offer* for Summer 2014 start at Berkeley -- so much relief from just hearing something -- I am leaning towards it (from lack of news elsewhere...), but due to some unforeseen issues I may not be able to start the program in May... is there anyone here who might know whether I can actually defer my start date to Fall 2014?? (Berk-specific and/or any general help welcome!!) 

You guys and this forum have been my crutch these past months; it's somehow comforting to know others are in the same waiting boat (:

*Edit: Email received March 26 (7pm EST) - Official 'letter' was attached (pdf)

Edited by plumbunnie

Congrats to MPH2014_Regina!

I got the same email today. I am also in the running for the UofA recruitment scholarship ($13,000 + first term tuition and fees) but I have no idea when I will find out about that, and I have to let SFU know by Monday.

Having a hell of a time making a decision. I also got into UofS but I haven't hears anything from them (emailed them Monday with a bunch of questions).

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any MPH programs in Canada that look solely at UPPER LEVEL credit in order to do the GPA calculation rather than using the last two years (or 60 credits) ?

Congratulations!! I received the same email too. Do you plan to accept the offer?

I also got the same email from SFU today (Global Health stream) with a $3,125 fellowship and $3,000 practicum stipend.  Feeling relieved!! :)

Me too. I was kind of expecting a little more money given what other programs at SFU are being offered, but it doesn't look like health sciences has nearly as much funding as the rest of the faculties. Is anyone else applying to external scholarships in the meantime? I'm assuming we're not eligible for OGS given that we'd be outside of Ontario, but is there a BC equivalent?

Update on my earlier question: the Berkeley admin responded saying I could defer to Fall 2014 without any issues =]

Also, I called the following schools for decision dates (reps couldn't be 100% firm, but estimated):

uAlberta - many applications not yet reviewed by PH dept; decisions to be sent out at latest end of April

uWaterloo - all applications reviewed by PH dept; decisions/offers waiting on downstream admin; more to be sent out by next Friday, otherwise waitlisted

uToronto - application reviews have begun (but largely incomplete); decisions to be sent out at latest end of April

Sighs End of April for U of T? That is so late

I have to respond to Queens U by April 14... but U of T is my first option

What shall I do ? :huh:

Sighs End of April for U of T? That is so late

I have to respond to Queens U by April 14... but U of T is my first option

What shall I do ? :huh:

You may hear from UofT before the end up April via email, but may have to wait until the end of April for the official offer via post.

At least, that's the case for the MPH in Community Nutrition.  I was told, via email, that I was being recommended for admission to that program, and to email them back with my intentions.  I emailed back that I would accept their offer, and they replied that I would receive the official offer, in the mail, by the end of April.

I don't know how the other specializations or programs at UofT work, but that's how they've done things in the MPH Community Nutrition program.