MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

Yeah sorry it may have been a miscommunication on my part, I emailed to ask about the status of my application and they told me I was currently wait listed. I don't think they officially emailed everyone else regarding the 'official' wait list and 2nd round offers (even my application status is still the same) - they're probably waiting for the first round to reply. Looks like last year heard from them around 10-16 April, hopefully we'll hear back around that time too! 

Still, being told you're waitlisted is different than being told your application is still under review.. I wonder what exactly the difference is. If they're rejecting me I wish they'd just say so, so that I can move on, haha.

nice! which is your top univ choice or still waiting to hear back from other univ?

I am tied between Queens and UofT. Still waiting on UofT and a couple more universities. 

which university will you choose?

I am a little unsure of which university I will choose, I am waiting on a couple more universities and I guess that is when I will make my final decision.

Edited by IAmMPH

Still, being told you're waitlisted is different than being told your application is still under review.. I wonder what exactly the difference is. If they're rejecting me I wish they'd just say so, so that I can move on, haha.

Gah I know I feel the same! I actually emailed them too a week and a half ago and they didn't reply  -_-

Hi Everyone,

I got a call from the University of Western Ontario (UWO) informing me that they have accepted me into their MPH program. Those who have applied to UWO, keep your phones handy!

Yeah sorry it may have been a miscommunication on my part, I emailed to ask about the status of my application and they told me I was currently wait listed. I don't think they officially emailed everyone else regarding the 'official' wait list and 2nd round offers (even my application status is still the same) - they're probably waiting for the first round to reply. Looks like last year heard from them around 10-16 April, hopefully we'll hear back around that time too! 

No worries. I think the wording is a bit confusing. I would think the waitlist would begin after they have finished sending all the acceptances. Anyways, we still have some hope. :)

Gah I know I feel the same! I actually emailed them too a week and a half ago and they didn't reply  -_-

Did you e-mail the graduate assistant, Gerri?

She's been pretty good with getting back to me so far. Even if she couldnt tell me much she replied pretty quickly.

Did you e-mail the graduate assistant, Gerri?

She's been pretty good with getting back to me so far. Even if she couldnt tell me much she replied pretty quickly.

Yep it was her! It's alright though I can wait it out

Hi Everyone,

I got a call from the University of Western Ontario (UWO) informing me that they have accepted me into their MPH program. Those who have applied to UWO, keep your phones handy!

you are a rockstar! hope u get into your top choice!

Denied admission from the Waterloo Public Health program via quest yesterday...second time applying and I was wait listed last year!

Still hoping for good news from U of T. Good luck to everyone still waiting on potential offers. *fingers crossed*

Hi all!

I just wanted to update. My status for USask has changed from 'Complete ready for review' to 'Dept Recommend'. I hope it's not a mistake! I hope I get the official acceptance soon! I am still waiting on Guelph, Memorial, and Alberta. Best of luck to all!

Edited by Student88

Denied admission from the Waterloo Public Health program via quest yesterday...second time applying and I was wait listed last year!

Still hoping for good news from U of T. Good luck to everyone still waiting on potential offers. *fingers crossed*

Sorry to hear, sometimes it seems a bit random.  Sending well wishes for U of T :) 

Still waiting for U of T <_<  - MPH -Epi

That makes two of us, lol.

Seems like there's alot of Health Promotions and Occupational and Environmental Healthers on this.

Do you know if  interviews are mandatory procedures before acceptances? And did your status change online??

Also are you in the professional or research stream?

My status did not change online, still says Decision Pending; I applied for professional; and I guess as healthandsafetyguy posted, the interviews are for everyone and have been going on for a while lol 

Good luck!

Has anyone been invited for an interview for U of T Health Promotion? Does anyone know when they are expected to get back to us? I "unofficially" accepted another offer from U of T (medical anthro), but I want to hear back from this program before I sign the forms and submit them to the department...

EDIT: I just called the department. Those of us who applied for the Health Promotion stream won't hear back until "late April" at the earliest. :(

Edited by Kaitri

Has anyone been invited for an interview for U of T Health Promotion? Does anyone know when they are expected to get back to us? I "unofficially" accepted another offer from U of T (medical anthro), but I want to hear back from this program before I sign the forms and submit them to the department...

I'm not sure if the Health Promotion program has interviews.

Ahh I can't handle seeing the "Under Review" anymore. Last year people started hearing back late March... and still nothing yet =(

I only applied to two programs: UVic and USask .. I got a letter of offer to both programs. Which would you suggest I take? I'm leaning more towards UVic.

When did you get your offer letter from UVic?

UVic I got March 28.... 1 week ago. I accepted the offer as well :)

if you accepted the UVic offer why do you say that? ::ionly applied to two programs: UVic and USask .. I got a letter of offer to both programs. Which would you suggest I take? I'm leaning more towards UVic. I conclude that you can accept an offer and afterward decline it

EDIT: I just called the department. Those of us who applied for the Health Promotion stream won't hear back until "late April" at the earliest. :(

Thanks for the info! I was actually hoping to hear back from UT next week about health promotion, but I guess that isn't happening... :( 

Are there interviews for health promo? I thought that was just for the OEH stream, and maybe health promo if your application is on the fence.. 

The woman I spoke to didn't say they were interviewing applicants. She just said that decisions would be mailed out (ughhh...) in late April.

if you accepted the UVic offer why do you say that? ::ionly applied to two programs: UVic and USask .. I got a letter of offer to both programs. Which would you suggest I take? I'm leaning more towards UVic. I conclude that you can accept an offer and afterward decline it

UVic is a better program in my opinion. :) 

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news lol. Have you applied to UBC or McGill as well for OEH? If I get into UofT I'll be declining my offers to those schools. McGill didn't even offer any scholarship...

Yes but U of T is my first choice (specifically for location because I live in the city) also  I dont want to accept either of those

I guess ill just have to wait...

I know some people who were declined in early march and people who have  interviews now but here I am just waiting to here anything lol

hey what are the deadline dates for you to accept USask and UVic?