MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

I have just received a message from Doug asking me to be patient that they will let us know about our status in a week or

I too had a chat with him monday morning. He gave me the same reply. 

Are you international applicant? Do you have any other offers or options?

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist for SFU?

I'm also waitlisted for the MPH program at SFU (population health) and haven't heard anything yet.

I actually went up to SFU last week and talked to the department... apparently there's an unusually high acceptance rate this year so they may not need to go to the waitlist at all (though they said it could vary depending on which stream you've applied for). They also said they should be sending us another e-mail mid-May with more information. 

I'm still hoping that people will drop out between now and mid-May and open up spots for us! Trying to stay positive.

Edited by jfiles

Last week on Thursday.

my status changed to decision made last week (Wednesday I think) but i haven't received any email or mail yet ...

I too had a chat with him monday morning. He gave me the same reply. 

Are you international applicant? Do you have any other offers or options?

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada who studied abroad, so I am a domestic student.

UofT is sending out letters to students who received entance scholarships.  I received one yesterday! :)  So check your mailboxes.  (No, I didn't receive any notification via email, only by post).

Has anyone received a rejection letter from Guelph yet? I havent heard anything from them about rejection/admission/wait-list, so I'm assuming I got rejected but am just waiting to hear.

I'm also waitlisted for the MPH program at SFU (population health) and haven't heard anything yet.

I actually went up to SFU last week and talked to the department... apparently there's an unusually high acceptance rate this year so they may not need to go to the waitlist at all (though they said it could vary depending on which stream you've applied for). They also said they should be sending us another e-mail mid-May with more information. 

I'm still hoping that people will drop out between now and mid-May and open up spots for us! Trying to stay positive.

Ouch. I'm Population Health as well. Thanks for the reply!

Even I feel the same. But the grad coordinator says we have not made decisions. Decisions will be sent by coming 2-3 weeks. He even refuse to accept they have sent 1st round of acceptance. 

Can you please share your GPA, experiences and profile.

I have still not heard anything either... I have called and emailed numerous times and I get the same reply as you; they will not even disclose that first round of offers went out. It is frustrating because I need to take a stats course if I am in for fall 2014 and I believe I might be too late to register for that now. Seems somewhat disorganized, or is it just me?

Did you use dthompso@uvic.ca? This waiting makes me anxious. I haven't received any email from him.

I did. It took a while for him to reply. Have you heard anything?

I did. It took a while for him to reply. Have you heard anything?

Nothing new , He just said that they have reviewed all the applications. within a week or so we 'll know if we are in or  not

Edited by Mymph

Nothing new , He just said that they have reviewed all the applications. within a week or so we 'll know if we are in or  not

He has the same thing to say since past few weeks. Why not to accept that 1st round of admissions is out? I really wish to hear from them soon. If you come to know anything else, please share with us. :) :)

Hello Everyone!

Has everyone who applied from UofT heard anything from them? Rejected or accepted?

I applied to 4 MPH programs and I have gotten accepted to all of them – but haven’t even heard from UofT yet. It’s frustrating because my decision depends on it. 

Edited by Ellena

Hello Everyone!

Has everyone who applied from UofT heard anything from them? Rejected or accepted?

I applied to 4 MPH programs and I have gotten accepted to all of them – but haven’t even heard from UofT yet. It’s frustrating because my decision depends

If you got accepted to all of them why are you waiting to hear from UT to make your decision?

bed0uin, that's awesome! Did you do your degree at UTM? I'm at St. George and I took one course on forensic pathobiology taught by Dr. Michael Pollanen which was really neat.

Have you applied to other places for MPH? If not, Mac is lucky to have you (forensic science is not a common undergrad bgrd!). :)

Sorry about the tragically late reply, jajambo. And yeahp - UTM, the one and only!  :) Never had the pleasure of being taught by Dr. Pollanen. I think he left before I got to the upper years. Mac is the only other place I applied aside from UofT, so yeah. Tbf, I was leaning towards it moreso than UofT... guess things work out for the better.

And thank you for the kind words. I was seriously bummed for a while, lol.

:)

Well, because I live in Ottawa and moving to Toronto would be easiest for me as opposed to BC or Alberta, if I were to accepted UBC or UofA. The other program I applied to is the Waterloo online MPH program...and I'm a bit skeptical about doing a master's online.   

Well, because I live in Ottawa and moving to Toronto would be easiest for me as opposed to BC or Alberta, if I were to accepted UBC or UofA. The other program I applied to is the Waterloo online MPH program...and I'm a bit skeptical about doing a master's online.   

Hey Ellena, I'm originally from Ottawa too :)

From the posts on this forum, the following MPH programs have heard back regarding acceptances in chronological order: Community Nutrition, Occupational and Environmental Health, Health Promotion, and Epidemiology. Which program did you apply to? You may want to give your program's director or assistant a call to ask about your status to speed up your decision-making.

Anyone else heard back from Queens? I thought the deadline for the admissions was April 30th, so I thought I would have heard something by now...

Hey Ellena, I'm originally from Ottawa too :)

From the posts on this forum, the following MPH programs have heard back regarding acceptances in chronological order: Community Nutrition, Occupational and Environmental Health, Health Promotion, and Epidemiology. Which program did you apply to? You may want to give your program's director or assistant a call to ask about your status to speed up your decision-making.

Thanks! I applied to Epidemiology. In that case, I will give them a call on Monday. 

Hello everyone,

I have also applied to U of T for the MPH Fall 2014 entry... but have not heard back anything yet. My status still says "under review" ... and when I emailed them last week, they told me that they are still reviewing applications.

For those who got an answer for being wait-listed, did they tell you this over the phone? ... I am thinking of calling them.

Thanks!

@spervez, I also applied to lakehead but haven't heard from them yet. Please when did they send your the admission and was it by mail or were you contacted via phone? I'm an international prospective student. I don't know if they answered non-international applicants first before international applicants