MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

Hi fellows,

anyone being accepted into the UoT program, I was wondering what status it shows of your application on the university site. is it accepted, recommended or just Decision Made?
My application status turned to 'Decision Made' two days ago but still have not got any clarification from the department. I have inquired through mail and they replied that they cannot relay the information and I will get notification e-mail by next week. This waiting is killing me.
It will be great if you share information on your application status on university website.

Thanks

any international student got admission into U Vic or lake head? plz respond

jdattade - has a US degree which is considered on par with a Canadian degree for admission. 3.6 gpa is prob > 85% avg. i think they look at the citizenship/student visa stuff after determining the candidate's merit. 

@ jdattade, every school has their own gpa calculation. my school 3.6 is 85-86%. anyways it doesn't matter bc u r accepted. so congrats!

today my online usask profile just changed to "complete for review"

Scratch my pessimistic and catastrophic sounding post the other day - I've received an unofficial offer from UVic this afternoon!! I will apparently be getting the official offer in my e-mail shortly :) I am almost in disbelief at this opportunity - and very excited!

Hey Guys! New to the forum, and I have a few questions about the MPH applications:

1) For SFU, when I click "View Application Status", it gives me information about what I applied for, but nothing about the status of my application. Is this the same for anyone else?

2) For Memorial, I applied for MPH Pop'n and Public Health. My application status reads "Application Processing Has Begun", and lists that I need to send in "Confirmation of Degree - Bachelor's When Complete". Does this mean that I won't receive an admission decision until I finish my BSc (mid-April when I finish, probably no grades until May, and then sending the transcript takes at least a week...). I've heard from others that Memorial usually sends acceptances by early April?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Hey Guys! New to the forum, and I have a few questions about the MPH applications:

1) For SFU, when I click "View Application Status", it gives me information about what I applied for, but nothing about the status of my application. Is this the same for anyone else?

2) For Memorial, I applied for MPH Pop'n and Public Health. My application status reads "Application Processing Has Begun", and lists that I need to send in "Confirmation of Degree - Bachelor's When Complete". Does this mean that I won't receive an admission decision until I finish my BSc (mid-April when I finish, probably no grades until May, and then sending the transcript takes at least a week...). I've heard from others that Memorial usually sends acceptances by early April?

Any insight would be appreciated!

I have a feeling that if everything else in your application for Memorial is complete that you could get a conditional admit, as long as you send in your degree completion when that happens. Does that make sense?

Hello mph kinsfolk,

Just wanted to pop in and mention for those who have applied to Waterloo MPH and don't check regularly - check your Quest status, as I didn't receive any notification by email or phone but my status was changed as of yesterday (March 10th). Hoping this tip might minimize the agonizing wait time for those awaiting notification...

Best of luck to everyone!

That's awesome congrats (i'm assuming you were successful)! You applied to the distance program? I applied to that one as well, my status on quest hasen't changed though:(

I got my letter of offer from UVIC today. Got rejected from UBC a couple days ago though. I'm ecstatic! Good luck to everyone! Still waiting on a couple schools.

Do you mind telling us if you got a funding offer with your offer of admission from Uvic?

I haven't seen much about McGill on here, but just wanted to say that I got an email saying I was recommended by the department for admission... Official final decision (of acceptance/rejection) from the postgrad office to come "within the next few weeks"... 

Congrats to everyone who have received offers. 

I have been accepted into Waterloo's mph program. I was informed over the telephone by a professor and I was told that this is their first round of acceptances so to those waiting, there is still hope! :)  I am now waiting to hear back from Queens and Guelph. 

Congrats to everyone who have received offers.

I have been accepted into Waterloo's mph program. I was informed over the telephone by a professor and I was told that this is their first round of acceptances so to those waiting, there is still hope! :) I am now waiting to hear back from Queens and Guelph.

Hi there,

Congrats on your acceptance!! When did you hear about the acceptance? Yesterday?

any one heard from U Vic or SFu or GUlph.....

It's spelled GUELPH. :)

Also, as I posted before, candidates could submit their documents to Guelph until March 15th.  So they obviously haven't made any decisions yet, since they've only had all the documents for all the applicants as of yesterday.  So for Guelph you are going to have to wait a bit longer.  They can't magically review everyone's documents in one day, or even in one week.  All of this is clearly indicated on Guelph's website.

A few of us have heard from UVic, I believe the first round of offers have gone out..

Any idea on how the process works? Do they send out one batch of letters now and another later? Or are they continually sending out letters of acceptance/rejection? I haven't heard anything from them yet, good or bad.

Any idea on how the process works? Do they send out one batch of letters now and another later? Or are they continually sending out letters of acceptance/rejection? I haven't heard anything from them yet, good or bad.

I wish I knew, I know up until hearing this past week I was beside myself with anxiety about it. I am just assuming that they do the offers in waves as people accept/reject because of the dates that people got accepted in the 'results search' up at the top of this page for last year. What I do know is that in my offer (and I'm assuming the few others) that it gave me until April 2nd to accept/reject - so maybe another round will go out after that? I'm not positive though.

Sorry, wish I could be more help :(

Finally got the rejection letter from University of Toronto. Decision was taken on 10th March and application status on website was changed to 'Decision Made'  on 11th March. However, after inquiring few times finally got the e-mail which is as usual. All the hope on SFU.