Best Cultural Anthro PhD programs?

graduate33

That's true, thanks for pointing that out.
Outside the US, I know about Goldsmith College in London as well as the University of Manchester. Both the UNAM in Mexico City as the UBA in Buenos Aires have study groups un "visual anthropology," though I'm don't know any details of their focus or practices.

Also, there are some Graduate MA, MFA, and PhD programs in Communications, Visual Arts and Experimental Media, with inspiring Anthropologists engaged with media, especially film. I'm referring to UC Boulder Communications with Stephanie Spray, Northwestern U with JP Sniadecki, and UCSC Visual Arts with Alex Fattal. All of them are alumni from Harvard's Sensory Ethnography Lab. 

I almost mentioned the Boulder one. There's a whole Critical Media Practice PhD with Stephanie Spray and many others, including Christian Hammonds who's got a half appointment Comm/half Anthro.

And Shannon Mattern is at the New School. More media than visual anthro, but she's at the top of the game.