MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Hello All! I am new. I'm applying this season for New Genres/Interdisciplinary at:

Columbia: 

CalArts: Interview scheduled

Hunter: invited for an interview today!

USC: 

UCLA: 

Is anyone here going to Hunter interview weekend?

Congrats Serendip!

Has anyone else heard from Hunter? Should I give up hope?

hey ya'll

I'm putting the carriage before the horse on this one (waiting to hear back after interview) but does anybody know the deal on funding at Cranbrook? After getting the generic admissions email and realizing that paying a $1000 deposit within 2 weeks may be a reality, I started wondering about their funding in general. I ask because I've heard mixed answers about this unicorn school

thanks!

I don't want to scare you but I met someone that recently finished their MFA there, they didn't come from money and they said they were hoping for an apocalypse to come and wipe out their debt. They got some funding. They also said they had no regrets if that gives you hope and they could talk about their work like no one I've ever met. 

I don't want to scare you but I met someone that recently finished their MFA there, they didn't come from money and they said they were hoping for an apocalypse to come and wipe out their debt. They got some funding. They also said they had no regrets if that gives you hope and they could talk about their work like no one I've ever met. 

thanks for the heads up! I went to a competitive art school for undergrad so I'm prepared for more debt, I'm just trying to minimize as best I can. I need to stop making decisions like a rich person. ha.

MFA in painting update: 

SAIC - rejection letter (2/24/2014) but asked to look at post-bacc program

CMU - rejection email (2/2/2014)

The University of Texas at Austin - waiting to hear

The University of Houston - waiting to hear

Congrats Serendip!

Has anyone else heard from Hunter? Should I give up hope?

hey serendip, congrats! how were you contacted? wondering...

Hey! I got notified via email. I hope I didn't make you all antsy! I know I certainly am about the schools I havent heard from.

Remember Hunter is a really big program with not that much administrative staff. I'd imagine it would take them a very long time to contact everyone they're interested in talking to.

Edited by serendip

thanks for the heads up! I went to a competitive art school for undergrad so I'm prepared for more debt, I'm just trying to minimize as best I can. I need to stop making decisions like a rich person. ha.

The good news is the cost of living in Michigan is probably much lower than you are use to in NY however, you'll need a car because the bus doesn't stop at Cranbrook. The city literally doesn't have bus stops, the bus drives right past Cranbrook because the city doesn't want poor people getting off in their town. I'm not making this up.

Does anyone know if VCU or UCLA conduct interviews? (sculpture specifically)

I emailed the sculpture department and they said they will send the preliminary notifications (which I'm guessing means interviews) out in the first week of March :)

I applied to Chapel Hill and haven't heard anything so I'm assuming it's a Waitlist at best for me. Congrats on the acceptance!

Thank you.

In the acceptance email Roxana mentioned they are hoping to push through the waitlist fast. I assume this means the waitlist has some wicked good candidates. Hopefully you are in the list!

my partner keeps telling me to stop worrying while all of these acceptances and rejections are flying around it is hard!!! i got them to start looking at this forum and now he understands.