MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Yes, I will let the forum know my final decision! Whenever I pay the deposit :) Yesterday I also declined my offer from Yale, so someone on the waitlist might have a chance.

You can see her work here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anugraha/595580513786205

Sorry, the end parenthesis got hyperlinked as well!

No worries! I actually went to visit some friends there at the RCA the other day and actually something I didn't say – the campus is amazing. Bit OTT on the health and safety but we managed to sit on the balcony overlooking Hyde Park (for 15 min before getting kicked out), and the cafe looks over the garden and Royal Albert Hall. Pretty amazing and the atmosphere with the students follows. 

Let us know what you decide. I'd be curious to know about SVA (or Pratt) if you end up going – for next year application!

Good luck!

R

So I know I have asked this before, but I am asking again to see if anything has changed since letters are still being rolled out and decisions are still being made..

Is anyone out there thinking about attending Indiana University (Bloominton) in the fall???

I am excited to study there and wondering who I may get to study with! :)

Has anyone heard anything from University of Iowa (Painting)? I haven't heard a peep from them, so if you have I would love to know!

Thank you

I hadn't heard anything from them until today. A professor called me and let me know I was accepted into the program. I didn't have an interview. Also, he said that they were responding later than usual and apologized for contacting me so late. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Edited by chamfire

I hadn't heard anything from them until today. A professor called me and let me know I was accepted into the program. I didn't have an interview. Also, he said that they were responding later than usual and apologized for contacting me so late. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the information, I was just getting nervous. I haven't heard anything yet, so maybe I will get a call or something soon!

Hi!

Is there anyone going to SAIC? I have been trying to register for classes. According to the International Affairs packet, it says that the admission will contact me sometime in April, but on the Admitted Student section under Admissions on homepage says that I need to schedule an appointment with the academic advisor. So now I am confused either to wait for the Admissions' email or to contact academic advisor :S

So I know I have asked this before, but I am asking again to see if anything has changed since letters are still being rolled out and decisions are still being made..

Is anyone out there thinking about attending Indiana University (Bloominton) in the fall???

I am excited to study there and wondering who I may get to study with! :)

I'm on the wait list sooooooo maybe!

Hello all,

am stressing out badly and i need everyone to just advice, am super confused if am gonna loose grad school this year again due to funding. I applied to only 3 schools for sculpture, Yale- waitlisted, columbia- accepted, hunter- accepted. now, columbia is offering 25,000 financial aid withTA inclusive while the total I need for a session is about 81,000.  Hunter is not offering anything. so, am an international student and there are no local bursaries or loans i can leverage on. I have to accept to columbia by the 15th and pay $800, am not sure where to get money to go and WHAT CAN I DO? Any Ideas for an African student on where i can get resources?

You may have to look into applying for a Fulbright this next fall to attend the following year if you have very little funds available. Another option is to ask around in your country- are there any resources there to assist you? 

Hi!

Is there anyone going to SAIC? I have been trying to register for classes. According to the International Affairs packet, it says that the admission will contact me sometime in April, but on the Admitted Student section under Admissions on homepage says that I need to schedule an appointment with the academic advisor. So now I am confused either to wait for the Admissions' email or to contact academic advisor :S

I receieved an email saying you can start registering April 14 onwards. 

Do you know where you are going to live and how to go about finding an apartment? I am international so I wont be able to visit the place. 

i would contact columbia university. there should be someone that can help you there, i hope. i hope it all works out for you. it would be an amazing experience to study at columbia. i wish you the best of luck. 

Hello all,

am stressing out badly and i need everyone to just advice, am super confused if am gonna loose grad school this year again due to funding. I applied to only 3 schools for sculpture, Yale- waitlisted, columbia- accepted, hunter- accepted. now, columbia is offering 25,000 financial aid withTA inclusive while the total I need for a session is about 81,000.  Hunter is not offering anything. so, am an international student and there are no local bursaries or loans i can leverage on. I have to accept to columbia by the 15th and pay $800, am not sure where to get money to go and WHAT CAN I DO? Any Ideas for an African student on where i can get resources?

I receieved an email saying you can start registering April 14 onwards. 

Do you know where you are going to live and how to go about finding an apartment? I am international so I wont be able to visit the place. 

Have you received the email from admissions or academic advisor? I still haven't received any email about the class registration, so I am curious. 

I'm also an international student and I actually applied for on-campus housing. About finding an apartment, I don't really know about it. But there is an website where you can find roommates and houses for rent on school website > off-campus housing. Are you currently thinking of living off-campus?

Sigh still no news for me...any other RCA lurkers out there? other than those who've commented of course

I'm still waiting for an answer from the Animation MA department...

Is there anyone who has been interviewed for Animation?

I have narrowed by decision down to the MFA painting program at Pratt or Brooklyn College? 

Pratt is $$ but has a better rep then Brooklyn College but Brooklyn College is a lot cheaper. 

Anyone have any advice?

I got into the SAIC's and SMFA's Painting MFA programs.  I'm able to receive about $15,000 this year in grants for SAIC and I would have to take out loans for the rest.  I was awarded $10,000 a year for SMFA which will most likely have grants in addition once I get my financial aid information.  Which program should I attend?  SAIC's reputation is much higher than SMFA's, but I'm assuming once I get my financial aid information, SMFA is going to be more affordable.  Is it worth being 40k or more in debt for a top Painting MFA program?

accepted to University of Chicago, trying to decide whether to attend.

As an international student, a big concern for me is making the most of the opportunity to live in the USA for a couple years. Whether it is worth it to try to get into a program near LA or NYC rather than Chicago.

What does gradcafe think?

Anyone here planning on attending/currently attending UChicago? pm me if you want!

UChicago, Slade or Goldsmiths??

UChicago offers great funding. However I feel more excited about being in London. But the fact that getting a visa to stay longer afterwards could be quite difficult makes me super nervous!!

In many ways UChicago is much safer but I really loved the Slade and Goldsmiths.

Edited by heffalump

Have you received the email from admissions or academic advisor? I still haven't received any email about the class registration, so I am curious. 

I'm also an international student and I actually applied for on-campus housing. About finding an apartment, I don't really know about it. But there is an website where you can find roommates and houses for rent on school website > off-campus housing. Are you currently thinking of living off-campus?

Hey yes, my academic advisor has been emailing me and i have set up a registration appointment for April 16th. You should email them and check. I spoke to two MFA students (my advisor arranged it because I requested it) and they really discouraged me from staying on campus, because the undergrads live there (18 year old roommates can be a tough task!) and because off campus is much much cheaper. 

Well, though I was wait listed for VCU I imagine it is too late now. 

I was accepted to RISD and SAIC, but both are $40,000 a year and I received minimal funding. Plus, though the programs are good, its not worth the money. 

Next year again...

Well, though I was wait listed for VCU I imagine it is too late now.

I was accepted to RISD and SAIC, but both are $40,000 a year and I received minimal funding. Plus, though the programs are good, its not worth the money.

Next year again...

definitely not too late for vcu. they don't have to inform until the 15th