Graduate Institute Geneva - applications for 2014 year

Corina

Dear all, 

I would like to start this topic for interested persons in applying at IHEID for academic year 2014 - 2015 for sharing expectations, experiences, information and everything that is relevant!

Thank you!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Corina,

glad to see that someone started this topic! I'm considering applying for the graduate institute for Fall of 2014 (PhD in International Relations). How about you? 

• 1 month later...

Hey! 

I started a post too but didnt get any response. I am applying to IHEID as well for MDev for the second time. Last year, i was refused admission to the same course but well, IHEID is my dream school so yep I am applying again. 

Anyway I am still to send my application as I am working my butt off for Letter of motivation. Anyone already done with their application? 

Hey,

I'm applying for masters in international affairs for fall 2014? Please,anybody with information on that?

You should check the institutes website and their prospectus for MIA. . For further info you can write to "prospective@graduateinstitute.ch" or "admission@graduateinstitute.ch" Plus you can contact other students too regarding this. 

These helped me alot. I hope it helps you too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have applied for the MDev program for 2014 myself and I'm glad someone started this thread to share experiences. I submitted my application before the Nov 15 deadline and now it's waiting time.

Hi guys. I have also applied to MDev programme. My application status is still complete, not under consideration. Does it mean that I will not be considered for the first round?

I too have applied for the same course and it says the same just like yours. Though, it means that they have started validating the files and sending it across various departments for reviewing. They should start the consideration process sometime during this week. This is what I was told when I dropped them the email regarding the same.

Same for me. The only progress in my application file was the new ticks of validation next to each application documents.
Is it the same for everyone? 

Hopefully, we will all have some wonderful news as our X´mas present !!

But it is strange. I have read some threads about application last year. Results were out as early as 3rd Dec. 

Do they send out results to everyone at the same time or does it depend on the when they evaluate your application and send it out whenever they make a decision? 

Yes I too got the validation ticks.

Yes this would make an apt Christmas present. :P

Anyway if I remember correctly, people got their results before 15th last year. Idk why they made it late this year. Also, everyone who have applied for one specific course receives their decision together with only a day or two diff.

I applied for the Masters in International Relations/Political Science. My current status is under consideration as well. Where are you guys from? I am native Swiss, if you have questions concerning living or studying in Switzerland hit me.

Hi capo89,

I am from India and have applied for master in development studies. Will love to get to know more about Switzerland when I get through.

Also isn't that golden temple of Amritsar, Punjab India in your picture background?

Hi k_angie

Yes it is. I had the chance of visiting India a year ago for the summer. Where are you exactly from in India?

Greetings

Carlo