PHD Bioengineering/Biomedical engineering applications Fall 2014 profiles

T.J

WOooooooooooooO 

a spam of Berkley and MIT rejections ! I am sorry for the people who got rejected. over 600 application at USB . Damn this is very tough. I bet the 600th is good enough for phd there .I hope you get into other places.

Definitely a good thing if they bothered to pull out their computer and look you up!

In the Industry it was always a good thing for me at least.

I apply to a job --> hiring manager view my profile --> job offer. I hope it is the same in Academia. 

Thanks for the opinions guys. Yes, it is indeed very difficult for an international student to get into popular schools...unless you have an amazing background. I am proud of my accomplishments but it is also true that there are many applicants with similar or better credentials.

And as you said FIT is very important, and I just received a very informal offer from a professor at Hopkins, as I was reading the rejection letter from UCB.

I hope the adcom at Hopkins accept the professors request. Fingers crossed...

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for the opinions guys. Yes, it is indeed very difficult for an international student to get into popular schools...unless you have an amazing background. I am proud of my accomplishments but it is also true that there are many applicants with similar or better credentials.

And as you said FIT is very important, and I just received a very informal offer from a professor at Hopkins, as I was reading the rejection letter from UCB.

Good luck to everyone!

Wow great News ! talk about up and downs. 

In the Industry it was always a good thing for me at least.

I apply to a job --> hiring manager view my profile --> job offer. I hope it is the same in Academia. 

Quite possibly!

My POI from Georgia Tech appears to have taken a peak at my profile around the end of December and I got my acceptance in early January. 

Good luck -- that's awesome!! Hope you get it!

Quite possibly!

My POI from Georgia Tech appears to have taken a peak at my profile around the end of December and I got my acceptance in early January. 

Good luck -- that's awesome!! Hope you get it!

Wow great News ! talk about up and downs. 

Congrats AxyC! UW is one of my top choices as well!

And I just received a formal offer from the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering dept of  Hopkins! Nothing from the BME dept yet. POI contacted me first to tell me about the acceptance and I am really happy about it. POI is an affiliate in BME, so i guess i will have a chance to get a taste of both worlds....

congrats!

Thanks !!!

And I just received a formal offer from the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering dept of  Hopkins! Nothing from the BME dept yet. POI contacted me first to tell me about the acceptance and I am really happy about it. POI is an affiliate in BME, so i guess i will have a chance to get a taste of both worlds....

Congrats on Hopkins, that is amazing! I'm still waiting to hear back from them about the BME program as well.

NICE ! one in the pocket , less things on your mind when go to bed 

Got an invitation for an interview from UW!!

Good Stuff ! and good luck 

Yay weekend , break from refreshing emails, results and Applications :)

Yay!!

Get ready for these next two weeks! How many more are you waiting on? I have 3 (Harvard-MIT HST, UPenn, and JHU)

Come on BME!  Let's send out those invites! 

lol ... I kno... i saw a ton of people getting into Cornell - MSE. Wonder if they are going to send a waive of invites for BME this week?

Does anyone know how the wait-list at BU works? 

Only one of the results entries I could find for BU had a comment about it. It sounds like they inform people on the waitlist in early to mid-april. Unfortunately that would mean you wouldn't be able to visit for their open house/recruitment weekend. Seems like they waitlist more people than any other BME program I've seen.

If you don't mind me asking, what time of the day did you get your email from BU?

AHHHH Harvard-MIT HST MEMP Interview!!!!

Congrats!  

Have you heard anything offical from UPenn as of yet?  The PI I talked to was sure the invites would be out last week..