PHD Bioengineering/Biomedical engineering applications Fall 2014 profiles

T.J

Columbia interview!

Got the Columbia invite as well!  Does anyone have any idea how "intense" or evaluative the Columbia interviews are?  Are we basically "in" (assuming we don't screw up big time) or is this a serious interview that weeds out a lot of applicants?

I've never been to a grad school interview before, so I'm kinda nervous :P  I have no idea what they're gonna ask or what they look for in potential PhD candidates.

Congrats!! I really wish I had applied to Columbia, but I couldn't find any professors that matched my research interests :(

Did anyone apply to Harvard? As an international student it's a bit difficult to "guess" the notification dates!

I'm starting to think I am probably either wait-listed or rejected from the schools that already sent out the invites (i.e. Penn, Duke)...

Congrats!! I really wish I had applied to Columbia, but I couldn't find any professors that matched my research interests :(

Did anyone apply to Harvard? As an international student it's a bit difficult to "guess" the notification dates!

I'm starting to think I am probably either wait-listed or rejected from the schools that already sent out the invites (i.e. Penn, Duke)...

I applied to Harvard SEAS Bioengineering. From what I gather from the results page they send notifications on a rolling basis all the way until the end of February.

Just look at the notification history for the schools you applied to on the results page. It's usually pretty clear which ones send out all acceptances at once or stagger them.

I just received an email from the GA Tech chemical engineering department saying that I was admitted, but I applied to the biomedical engineering program. Have any of you had this experience?

No, that's really weird. You should probably call them about that...

Hi guys. I am one of international applicants for BME Ph.D.

Did anyone heard back from Harvard SEAS, Johns Hopkins BME, or BU BME?

Even I have been contacted with one professor in Harvard, I have gotten nothing from him and thus I am so nervous;;

Even I have been contacted with one professor in Harvard, I have gotten nothing from him and thus I am so nervous;;

I got a wait list notification from BU a couple of weeks ago, but no news from Harvard. It's driving me crazy at this point!

Didn't apply Harvard or BU.

No word from JHU yet!

UPenn invite! On Friday I emailed the PI who seemed to indicate to me in January that I had an invite coming.  There was some kind of paperwork problem and so today the official invite arrived.  Very happy!

UPenn invite! On Friday I emailed the PI who seemed to indicate to me in January that I had an invite coming.  There was some kind of paperwork problem and so today the official invite arrived.  Very happy!

congrats!!! Which weekend are you going to? Maybe see you at Penn? :)

Saw that, but it's weird because the website says we will be notified by Postal mail.   I'm giving it some more time.  Good luck!

Thanks! and congrats on Upenn. All of my universities are very silent... its unnerving. 

I don't know what to do right now!

MIT interview is during the first weekend, and Gtech (admit recruitment) is during the second. 

Whyyy do they schedule things like this 

I'm taking the second weekend as I actually have nothing that weekend.  Talk to Gtech, they may have an alternative, I did that with Rice and they were great about it.  You MUST go to the JHU interview, no question.

They don't offer an alternative, I got in touch with the Gtech secretary and she flat out said no to me.... :/ 
yeah I saw the thing in the JHU invite about them throwing out the application if you don't show up in person! 

Hi, I'm an international applicant as well and have not heard back from Harvard yet. Applied to JHU, but not BU. I have not heard from JHU either.

Hopkins invite! Stunned!

I don't know what to do right now!

MIT interview is during the first weekend, and Gtech (admit recruitment) is during the second. 

Whyyy do they schedule things like this 

Congratulations! I am so jealous of you two. Are you guys both Americans? I hope they do another wave for international applicants!

Hi, I'm an international applicant as well and have not heard back from Harvard yet. Applied to JHU, but not BU. I have not heard from JHU either.

Congratulations! I am so jealous of you two. Are you guys both Americans? I hope they do another wave for international applicants!

Thank you! I am American, not sure about tuckbro.