PHD Bioengineering/Biomedical engineering applications Fall 2014 profiles

T.J

Good luck with your decisions everyone! 

For those who did not receive offers, it will work out!  Happened to a good friend last year, so she worked for a year at a Medical Center doing research and re applied, getting into several excellent schools.  Keep the faith!

Congrats for everyone, it is exciting to see the happiness of people getting admitted. I am still waiting for Positions that might get empty, as soon people who got multiple offers settle on one place. Take your time in the decision but Don't wait till 15 of april......have mercy on the poor souls .

Congrats for everyone, it is exciting to see the happiness of people getting admitted. I am still waiting for Positions that might get empty, as soon people who got multiple offers settle on one place. Take your time in the decision but Don't wait till 15 of april......have mercy on the poor souls .

Still waiting on some results, hope to decide this week!

I won't wait that long :) I'm holding off on deciding because I still have one more visit weekend but then I'll pick Monday/Tuesday and my spots will open up!

I'm joining the Bioengineering PhD program at UPenn next year. 

I was thinking of living on campus at Samson place for the first year and moving off campus for the following years. I wanted to get a double room with a kitchen at Samson, and I was wondering if anyone here is looking for a roommate for Penn. 

Message me if you are interested in getting the two bedroom apartment at Samson with a shared common place, kitchen, and bathroom (about ~$975/month).

Guys, I need help and specially from those who got admitted.

I have contacted the admission officer of one of the universities that I have applied to regarding my status ( since we are in April ) :

he answered that I am not rejected however my application was not picked by any professor  and admission decision depends strongly on the mutual interest between professors and students. ok it was clear for me that if I find a professor that takes me I am admitted . I ve expressed my interest to multiple professors some replied that they don't have funding. others they did not reply at all.

to make things more cryptic . I asked if I don't have match with a professor does it mean I am rejected. they told me to keep looking for professors ?

have anyone been in this situations ?

After agonizing for a really long time, officially chose MIT Biological Engineering!

However, was also awarded the Whitaker so I may or may not be deferring a year depending on if I can make the technical stuff/logistics work! :)

Yeah! Congrats on making your decision!

Has anyone heard back from the Virginia Tech/Wake Forest BME program?  IT was one of my safety schools, so I don't really care, but it is kind of unprofessional not to respond at all to someone who has applied, paid the fee etc...  Just wondering if it's just me or if they did not respond to anyone.

Haven't heard fro vtech or upitt

T.J did u express you interest in a professor in Upitt. ? If you find a fit within a professor Lab you have a high chance to get in. If you are interested in a professor talk to them now!

T.J did u express you interest in a professor in Upitt. ? If you find a fit within a professor Lab you have a high chance to get in. If you are interested in a professor talk to them now!

I did not know abt that. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone!

Did anyone else receive the email from Cornell Graduate School ? I already emailed  admissions, but didn't get any notofications. Please, give me some addvices what to do. Thank you!

Edited by Antonina

Hello, everyone!

Did anyone else receive the email from Cornell Graduate School ? I already emailed  admissions, but didn't get any notofications. Please, give me some addvices what to do. Thank you!

By Cornell Graduate School, do you mean Cornell Biomedical Engineering PhD program?  If so, it looks like the admits went out in Feb and rejections around April 1st for the most part.  You can search by Cornell Biomedical in the results search tab.

If that is the program you are asking about, then I am afraid your only recourse is to call or email Cornell to find out what happened to your application.

unfornutally, my application for the admission to the Graduate School as a PhD student has been denied.  :(

I see that you are attending to this program. Congratulations!!