Spring 2014

I'm out of field. I have a background in teaching, but no volunteering or classes in SLP yet. My scores are competitive, but I just wonder if the people they are accepting have lots of extras. They've updated their website with stats, if you haven't looked lately.

SeaCsd, It's my understanding that UTD is highly competitive. My GRE isnt stellar either and I have a friend that was accepted last year with a low GRE so don't get discouraged!

I checked out the stats, wishingwishing, and it looks like they only take a handful of students in the spring. I wonder how many apply. I'm checking galaxy daily hoping they'll update the status there.

UTD posts the average accepted student stats and about how many they accept each semester. Is that what you were talking about earlier about updating stats? I didn't know ASHA had a site to check. I need to stop looking and distract myself :)

• 4 weeks later...

I got rejected from UT Dallas Nov. 1 also.

I wish I knew what made the difference between my UTD app making it to the waiting list Fall 13 and then the same app (with an improved GPA) getting denied for UTD Spring 14. 

Best of luck to everyone.

Sorry to hear about the rejections. It is hard to be denied something that we want, but it clears the way for something even better to come along!

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still waiting to hear from UCF I called this morning and they said that we *should* know by the end of November... I was hoping to get a more specific date since that is what someone on the results page posted in October...but no such luck.