Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

Sorry to hear that...Did you call? or did they call you?

Thanks man! I called them after seeing that some offers have been extended already. Then the woman told me that my application was rejected and that official mail to come soon with the reason. Fingers crossed. Waiting to hear back from the remaining six Schools.

Thanks man! I called them after seeing that some offers have been extended already. Then the woman told me that my application was rejected and that official mail to come soon with the reason. Fingers crossed. Waiting to hear back from the remaining six Schools.

Oh..that means I could be too. Could you tell me to whom you made a call? I don't know to what people I should ask...

Oh..that means I could be too. Could you tell me to whom you made a call? I don't know to what people I should ask...

Well, I am not quite sure if that is conclusive, since she told me they are still reviewing applications. You might want to call her on +1 919 843 7826. I can't really remember her name. I think she is the Graduate Students Coordinator. Best of luck to you!

MIT just sent official decisions. Unfortunately I was not recommended for admissions :-(. Oh well. I applied just as a why not. No more waiting for me. Now it's decision making time!!!! Good luck to those still waiting.

Yeah, just saw a bunch of results posted from MIT--didn't get any notification myself.  Pretty frustrating.

Oh, and I got in touch with the Yale folks via email.  They apologized for taking so long and said notifications would be coming soon.  Little comfort for someone like me who has zero acceptances so far (except for an unofficial one from Yale, that is).

Yeah, just saw a bunch of results posted from MIT--didn't get any notification myself.  Pretty frustrating.

Oh, and I got in touch with the Yale folks via email.  They apologized for taking so long and said notifications would be coming soon.  Little comfort for someone like me who has zero acceptances so far (except for an unofficial one from Yale, that is).

I'm in the same boat with no acceptances, you're not alone! By any chance, did they say how soon? I'd imagine schools in the northeast are all being screwed up by this weather we're having.

I'm in the same boat with no acceptances, you're not alone! By any chance, did they say how soon? I'd imagine schools in the northeast are all being screwed up by this weather we're having.

Unfortunately, no specifics, just 'soon'.  The email seemed to be intentionally vague.  I hadn't thought of the weather bit, though.  Here in Minneapolis we just sort of plow forward regardless of how bad it gets.  (Exception, UMN cancelled classes once this year because the wind chill put us at -80)

Unfortunately, no specifics, just 'soon'.  The email seemed to be intentionally vague.  I hadn't thought of the weather bit, though.  Here in Minneapolis we just sort of plow forward regardless of how bad it gets.  (Exception, UMN cancelled classes once this year because the wind chill put us at -80)

I heard from someone else that notifications would be coming around the end of next week, but I am not 100% sure on that. 

And on another side note: the forecast for this weekend is calling for another round of snow storms, so this may delay decisions even further. Just even more proof that there are too many variables to account for when predicting expected timeframes of decisions!

Well for being your only acceptance so far, that is a great one! Visitation weekend is on March 7th. You going?

I didn't get any sort of notification for MIT either. Oh well, I'm not getting any hopes up, but maybe that means we're possibilities: good enough to get past the first rejection round, but not good enough to be chosen immediately.

As for Yale...an unofficial notification? No idea what this means, but it sounds like you're in.

I didn't hear from MIT either today. Just a question, are you guys fellow P-chemists? It seems that some departments sort through the different subdivisions first. Maybe MIT shuffled through the organic people? I dunno. I applied as a "well 1% is still a chance!" I'm not getting my hopes up since CalTech toyed with my heart, alluded to me getting in, then rejected me. Not gonna let MIT do that too.

I didn't hear from MIT either today. Just a question, are you guys fellow P-chemists? It seems that some departments sort through the different subdivisions first. Maybe MIT shuffled through the organic people? I dunno. I applied as a "well 1% is still a chance!" I'm not getting my hopes up since CalTech toyed with my heart, alluded to me getting in, then rejected me. Not gonna let MIT do that too.

I'm organic. 

I'm studying P-Chem too. I am trying not to stay optimistic, but not getting anything from MIT is giving me a false hint of hope and it's just torturing me.