Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

I called GA-tech, only a few final offers are being mad this week. That's it. After that it is all wait list :(

does that mean those who did not heard anything from them is waitlisted? What about rejection?? Edited by Mastercomment

Anyone who is planning to accept/has accepted UCI's offer for Chemistry Ph.D? Just accepted their offer today.

I accepted the offer from UC Irvine! I got into the physical chemistry program. What about you? 

I called them last week, and they said if we don't hear by the end of this week, to give them a call again. They're still undecided on some applications.

They do international admissions later, but "in the coming weeks", and that was when I wrote to them last week. Good luck!

I called them last week, and they said if we don't hear by the end of this week, to give them a call again. They're still undecided on some applications.

Interesting--thanks.  I had essentially written that off as a reject by now. 

@Austin. Graduate admissions coordinator: "We will not send out official denials until late March or early April, but we have made all of the offers we intend to make for this year.  We do not anticipate admitting any more students for Fall 2014." FYI, one of the professors I spoke to said that they were still reviewing applications.

Hi guys,
anyone knows what's going on Northwestern iBIS, Austin Chemistry, and Minnesota Chemistry?

I am so nervous....;;;; 

@Austin. Graduate admissions coordinator: "We will not send out official denials until late March or early April, but we have made all of the offers we intend to make for this year.  We do not anticipate admitting any more students for Fall 2014." FYI, one of the professors I spoke to said that they were still reviewing applications.

I believe they are done making offers, they will only admit if someone declines their offer, then they may put those from the wait list into admitted status.  I believe if you haven't heard back by the now, you are on wait list. 

Hi, How did you know that? Did you give them a call or receive an email recently? 

I wrote to both POI's, one of them replied. 

And it seems you already have acceptances from many schools better than UCLA :). Congratulations. 

Thanks so much, for personal reasons I want to be in SoCal. I'm declining offers from Wisconsin Madison, UChicago, Stony Brook, John Hopkins and UDavis. If  anyone's on these waitlists, I hope you get my spot. 

Cheers. 

Hey guys,

I was going to visit a school during its visiting weekend, but now I can't come because of personal reason. I don't want to be seemed rude. If I politely say them not to come to its visiting, would it have a negative effect on my graduate school life? 

Thanks,