Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

I have been actively following theGradcafe Result Search. Like 5times per hour and I am glad to see many Chemistry 'acceptances'. However, I haven't seen more than one International Applicants. Although, I have seen very few International Applicants getting accepted into other Programs. This leaves me to wonder if Admission Committees only review International Applicants much after they finish with Domestic Applicants.

I have been actively following theGradcafe Result Search. Like 5times per hour and I am glad to see many Chemistry 'acceptances'. However, I haven't seen more than one International Applicants. Although, I have seen very few International Applicants getting accepted into other Programs. This leaves me to wonder if Admission Committees only review International Applicants much after they finish with Domestic Applicants.

I believe your theory holds some weight. I've heard it is common for many schools to make decisions on domestic applicants first. An adcom member at my institution mentioned that often this is merely a result of the process being more tedious for international applicants. For example, international schools occasionally have different grading scales, course studies, etc.

Don't worry too much. It's still very early in the game!

I believe your theory holds some weight. I've heard it is common for many schools to make decisions on domestic applicants first. An adcom member at my institution mentioned that often this is merely a result of the process being more tedious for international applicants. For example, international schools occasionally have different grading scales, course studies, etc.

Don't worry too much. It's still very early in the game!

I quite appreciate your response. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Glad to see someone on the same boat. I have not heard back from anywhere desptite completing apps well before deadlines. However someoe on the forum has had several acceptances despite being an international.So it is not the same for every univ.

I'm in a similar boat. I had to apply as an international student although I went to HS, and did my undergrad and masters degree at an American college. I just hope we hear back soon. 

So is that to say if a domestic applicant hasn't heard of any decisions yet,they're most likely rejections,or is it too early to tell? I'm very nervous.

Definitely too early. I doubt ANY school is completely finished making decisions. Domestic or otherwise

Just got accepted to scripps-la jolla via phone call from professor in SOP. Visiting weekends at TBD. Organic. For those interested in stats, I believe I posted them on page 3 or 4.

Congrats! I hope I get a call soon. 

Just heard from University of Florida via email. Stipend is just under ~$23k which is the smallest I've seen so far.. but then again, Gainesville has a really low cost-of-living. Visitation weekend is March 20-23 for those who're wondering!

So is that to say if a domestic applicant hasn't heard of any decisions yet,they're most likely rejections,or is it too early to tell? I'm very nervous.

You're probably fine; I still haven't heard from a few schools.  Also, might be a good idea to check your spam folder occasionally.  I've had a few things from schools end up in there, for some reason or another.

So after checking this website every 10 minutes and thinking that a PhD in chemistry was not going to happen to me, I got an e-mail saying that I got into PRINCETON!!!! WOW! Overwhelmed with emotions. Feeling sooo much better, so happy! Best of luck to all other applicants.  

So after checking this website every 10 minutes and thinking that a PhD in chemistry was not going to happen to me, I got an e-mail saying that I got into PRINCETON!!!! WOW! Overwhelmed with emotions. Feeling sooo much better, so happy! Best of luck to all other applicants.

Congrats, do you mind sharing which discipline you applied for?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!