Applying for Neuroscience/Neurobiology Ph.D. programs for Fall 2014

RetJitter

Haha, I appreciate it! Yep, Jan 30-31! See you there, and best of luck  :D

Wait, when is your UNC interview? We may be seeing each other the week before haha

hey gellert! i got one of the duke cognitive neuro admitting program interviews. it was via a phone call from the director of graduate studies. from the results search, i'm pretty sure they'll be sending out more interviews in the next few weeks, so by all means if you get a phone call from a 909 number, answer it! 

i applied about a week before the deadline, and i think that's why i'm in the early batch of interviews. good luck :D

Edited by elanorci

hey gellert! i got one of the duke cognitive neuro admitting program interviews. it was via a phone call from the director of graduate studies. from the results search, i'm pretty sure they'll be sending out more interviews in the next few weeks, so by all means if you get a phone call from a 909 number, answer it! 

i applied about a week before the deadline, and i think that's why i'm in the early batch of interviews. good luck :D

Whew, that's a relief. :P  Duke's one of my top choices so I'm really hoping to get an interview there!

Congrats on yours!  Hope to see you that weekend. (Which days is it, btw?)

@gellert yeah, definitely don't worry. it's so early in the game! thanks! :D the interview weekend is the 7th-8th of february (i'm not sure if there are multiple; they only offered me one). 

@neurogirl, cognitive neuro is a separate admitting program not housed under neurobiology (you apply directly to cog neuro) (: 

@pachel this was my first interview and i was feeling exactly the way you are now about 24 hours ago. don't worry yet! the waiting is super difficult, but try to stay calm. good things will come (: 

Edited by elanorci

I haven't heard from any programs yet either...... starting to get very worried. I applied to UW, MIT, Harvard (BBS) UMiami, and NYU..... I know I don't have any pubs yet but I could have sworn I was a competitive applicant :(

I haven't heard from any programs yet either...... starting to get very worried. I applied to UW, MIT, Harvard (BBS) UMiami, and NYU..... I know I don't have any pubs yet but I could have sworn I was a competitive applicant :(

Well your stats are better than mine! If you haven't heard yet that may not bode well for me... I don't have any publications either. Best of luck to you.

@gellert: thanks!!! I'm really excited! This is my second time around...last year I applied to 10 schools and got zero interviews.

Hey Althonse, if you don't mind my asking, what did you change between last year and this year, since it seems you've been very successful!

@gellert: thanks!!! I'm really excited! This is my second time around...last year I applied to 10 schools and got zero interviews.

You should be excited!!  It sounds like you've really improved your application in just a short year's time.  It's awesome to see success stories. (This is my second go as well, though only one neuro program; the rest are psych or interdisciplinary psych/neuro. Last time I, too, got zero interviews.  This time I at least have one! :D)

Edited by gellert

Duke!!! (neurobiology department)

Congratulations!!! Hopefully I'll hear from them soon =) That's the one I'm feeling least confident about... I didn't have as great a match with PI's and I don't feel like the application really allowed me to show what I've got. That's ok though, I'll be fine either way!