International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Hey everyone. 

First of all, I want to congratulate those who got accepted by IHEID !

Second of all, I got the admission result from ScienecsPo. POSITIVE. Scholarship pending.

Third of all, dear our most beloved and hated IHEID, I want to know the result NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Congratulations Mic!!!! I'm happy and relieved ha ha ha this means there is a chance we might all end up in Paris after all!

How was your trip?

Hey everyone. 

First of all, I want to congratulate those who got accepted by IHEID !

Second of all, I got the admission result from ScienecsPo. POSITIVE. Scholarship pending.

Third of all, dear our most beloved and hated IHEID, I want to know the result NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Congratulations Mic :) 

If not lake Geneva then well we can sit near Seine and have our planned picnic there! :D

Thank you guys.

My trip was great. It may piss off the French and Spanish. But seriously, Mendoza is the capital of Wine in the world. The whole wine thing is crazy in Mendoza. In every single shop, shoes, clothes, electronic products shops etc , they always have some bottles of wine in the display window. The craziest thing is in McDonald´s, for a combo meal, you will have French fries, a burger and a small bottle of wine !!!!! 

In this trip I met a French guy who is doing a world-wide wine tour. He told me that Sciecnes Po Paris would be the best place for wine-tasting in France. Because the wineries know that SciencesPo students will be influencial or make a lot of money in the future, they always give out a lot of good wines and most important free to the wine tasting clubs in Sciences Po Paris.

So now SciencesPo has become my first choice !!!!!!! 

Thank you guys.

My trip was great. It may piss off the French and Spanish. But seriously, Mendoza is the capital of Wine in the world. The whole wine thing is crazy in Mendoza. In every single shop, shoes, clothes, electronic products shops etc , they always have some bottles of wine in the display window. The craziest thing is in McDonald´s, for a combo meal, you will have French fries, a burger and a small bottle of wine !!!!! 

In this trip I met a French guy who is doing a world-wide wine tour. He told me that Sciecnes Po Paris would be the best place for wine-tasting in France. Because the wineries know that SciencesPo students will be influencial or make a lot of money in the future, they always give out a lot of good wines and most important free to the wine tasting clubs in Sciences Po Paris.

hahaha, all it took was wine to influence you? :P

Thank you guys.

Hahahaha hilarious! you always bring you sense of humour to the board! Thank god you are back everyone here is going nuts lol

At least you have your priorities in order... wine first and program second! You know maybe thanks to you I will learn to appreciate wine! :)

Hahahaha hilarious! you always bring you sense of humour to the board! Thank god you are back everyone here is going nuts lol

At least you have your priorities in order... wine first and program second! You know maybe thanks to you I will learn to appreciate wine! :)

So i was reading this blog of an American students life in Paris. 

At the end of every page and note he said that start enjoying and appreciating wine cuz well first its cheaper than water secondly he never liked wine himself but somehow acquired a taste and on avg ended up drinking 70 bottles in an year. Idk if he was kidding or serious but anyway! 

Edited by k_angie

did anyone else get an email right now?

"We are happy to inform you that we have started processing the Admission and scholarship decisions. We hope to be able to send out all the letters and e-mails by Friday 14 March.

You do not need to check out your online follow-up at this stage, as you will receive an e-mail once your application has been processed."

What is this if not pure torture?!

Did anybody else just get an email from IHEID telling them that they have started processing results and and hope to inform everybody by email by Friday 14th March? I suppose I appreciate them giving me a clear deadline by which I should know, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stop compulsively checking the tracker even though they say not to since emails will be sent out! Especially as my heart leapt into my mouth when I saw the email from them, thinking it was a decision! Not sure I can take much more of this...

I also have an offer from Sciences Po and I must say all this talk of wine is making it very tempting to go to Paris!

did anyone else get an email right now?

"We are happy to inform you that we have started processing the Admission and scholarship decisions. We hope to be able to send out all the letters and e-mails by Friday 14 March.

You do not need to check out your online follow-up at this stage, as you will receive an e-mail once your application has been processed."

What is this if not pure torture?!

Sorry Arbitist, didn't see your post when I wrote mine. Definitely feels like they have a slightly sadistic admissions process!

Sorry Arbitist, didn't see your post when I wrote mine. Definitely feels like they have a slightly sadistic admissions process!

Exactly, right? How strange! 

I've just received the email as well. It does seem somewhat odd that they should notify some people via the online follow-up and some per email. Perhaps there's an issue with the system - it's the first year they're using this online application form, and there were a few bugs even in the early stage of filling out the form.

One thing's for sure: there's no way I'll stop checking the online follow-up..

Yep just received the very same email!

They are really playing with our minds what the hell! This email is not saying anything more than what is said online March 14! And how can they say no need to check the tracker when all these schools update the tracker first and then email us (except LSE in my experience)

Oh and another thing why send info on Admitted Students Week to candidates who might end up being rejected? like seriously WTF?

I feel like singling Kelly Clarkson song, what doesn't kills you makes you stronger. Idk how appropriate it is for our situation but that's the first thing that came to my mind after checking this thread.

The truth* is we have all already been admitted, and this is our first lesson: Module 01 - Patience, Tolerance and Understanding (60 credits).

*I'm making this up

The truth* is we have all already been admitted, and this is our first lesson: Module 01 - Patience, Tolerance and Understanding (60 credits).*I'm making this up

I have flunked miserably then.

Hi all,

Like so many others I've been reading this forum religiously for the past few months - have applied for the MIA (late deadline) and I swear knowing that you guys have been going through what I have is what has kept me sane...so thank you! Haven't posted before though, as didn't feel I had much to say...

But this email takes the biscuit! Bloomin' #%€& - my heart actually stopped for a second!!

And do you think I'm right in interpreting:

"You do not need to check out your online follow-up at this stage, as you will receive an e-mail once your application has been processed."

as: "Your incessant status checking is overloading our servers. Please give us a break."?

(To which my answer can only be: I absolutely will...once you tell me if I'm in or out!)

The truth* is we have all already been admitted, and this is our first lesson: Module 01 - Patience, Tolerance and Understanding (60 credits).

*I'm making this up

LOL well worth the 60 credits I tell you! Thank god I saw sophia and arbitist's posts before checking my email or I would have had a heart attack! I already knew what was in my inbox

Haha. You know guys, i'm pretty sure there's someone from the ad com reading this thread, and deriving much sadistic happiness from it! and seems like they just want us to keep going for their entertainment. 

Yep just received the very same email!

They are really playing with our minds what the hell! This email is not saying anything more than what is said online March 14! And how can they say no need to check the tracker when all these schools update the tracker first and then email us (except LSE in my experience)

Oh and another thing why send info on Admitted Students Week to candidates who might end up being rejected? like seriously WTF?

I totally agree with you here Alchyna! Of course we're all going to check the online tracker - if anything I think I'm more likely to check it because now I know they've at least started the acceptance processes. 

And the info on Admitted Students Week is seriously mean! I though making us apply for accommodation before we even knew our results was pretty harsh but there doesn't even seem to be much sense in sending this info only a week before we know whether we have an offer or not!

I've probably failed the patience model already mych!

Hi all,

Like so many others I've been reading this forum religiously for the past few months - have applied for the MIA (late deadline) and I swear knowing that you guys have been going through what I have is what has kept me sane...so thank you! Haven't posted before though, as didn't feel I had much to say...

But this email takes the biscuit! Bloomin' #%€& - my heart actually stopped for a second!!

"You do not need to check out your online follow-up at this stage, as you will receive an e-mail once your application has been processed."

as: "Your incessant status checking is overloading our servers. Please give us a break."?

(To which my answer can only be: I absolutely will...once you tell me if I'm in or out!)

Welcome LindenLondon! That's the first thought that crossed my mind as well, along with "what about those who have been admitted based on the online follow-up?"

Did you also receive one of these emails, The_Freak? I'd be quite interested in knowing. Likewise angie - have you heard anything else from your friend who was admitted? Whether regarding this email or otherwise.

Hi all,

Hahaha. Glad we could help. Welcome to the thread. :)

Welcome LindenLondon! That's the first thought that crossed my mind as well, along with "what about those who have been admitted based on the online follow-up?"

Did you also receive one of these emails, The_Freak? I'd be quite interested in knowing. Likewise angie - have you heard anything else from your friend who was admitted? Whether regarding this email or otherwise.

Nope haven't asked him. Will do cuz that question popped in my head too.

I totally agree with you here Alchyna! Of course we're all going to check the online tracker - if anything I think I'm more likely to check it because now I know they've at least started the acceptance processes. 

And the info on Admitted Students Week is seriously mean! I though making us apply for accommodation before we even knew our results was pretty harsh but there doesn't even seem to be much sense in sending this info only a week before we know whether we have an offer or not!

I've probably failed the patience model already mych!

Exactly, the acco stuff too put everyone through an anxious position.

The truth* is we have all already been admitted, and this is our first lesson: Module 01 - Patience, Tolerance and Understanding (60 credits).*I'm making this up

Hi all,

hahah! Thanks for bringing some humor to my day! I'm pretty sure their servers have been overloaded or they are getting a ton of inquiries. Either way, my heart stopped beating for a second when I saw the e-mail. It was especially cruel because I saw it on my iPad which gives you the first line or so of the e-mail and all I could see was "We are happy...." seriously...they couldn't of thought of a better way to phrase that when they know we are all anxiously awaiting decision notifications?! LOL

Hi all,

Welcome! Welcome!

I'm always glad when lurkers come out of the shadows to join us! Trust me half the time I have nothing to say but I'm posting anyways ha ha ha ha and you all have to read my nonsense!

You are absolutely right we are probably crashing their system checking constantly but that is their fault! The timeframe they gave is so broad!

I've only been checking like twice a day but that's only because when I wake up the day is over in Europe so I check in the morning and I know nothing will change until the next day. If I was like most of you in the same time zone I would be checking every hour!

I don't think we will hear anything until next week, seems like most iMIA/Mdev decisions will be sent next week. This week seems to be focused on smaller programs and Phds