International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Hello!

A very warm welcome to the thread and congratulations for ScPo. I got through International Development at ScPo and was nominated for the Eiffel scholarship as well. The results are out by 17th March so I am both excited and nervous. Plus yes you are right, if we are not given Eiffel, our profiles will go for Emile.

Btw did you apply to Master II de France Scholarship too? I did and i havent heard anything back from them yet! Did you?

Hi! :)

Master GLM students are not eligible to apply to the Master Il de France Scholarship; only to Eiffel and Emile Boutmy.

Which country are you from? Do you have knowledge of other scholarships for students coming from developing countries? I would want to cast my net as wide as possible. 

Edited by KafkaOnTheShore

GOod morning mych.

I have not heard anything back from IHEID. I really want to know if they have sent out any rejections. Any accepted applicants applied by the first deadline?????? 

With regard to the scholarship of Hertie, I did not receive not even 25% of tuition wavier !!!! But it was strange cuz I thought the named scholarships were different from the schools tuition wavier scholarship. But it turned out they are the same. I did not write any article for applying the named scholarships. But the decision email said, the comittee had considered all Hertie afliliated scholarships and decided not to offer me any scholarship. As all named scholarships offer 100% tuition waiver, I thought I would be considered for the school own tuition wavier which was a certain percentage of tuition reduction. However, it was not the case.

Good luck 

Sorry to hear about the Hertie scholarship. I also assumed that the scholarships and tuition waivers were separate entities; am surprised to hear this isn't the case. I'm meant to hear from them about it this week, although I'm not too optimistic given that I haven't yet found anyone who has received a positive response for the 2014 intake. Hertie seems great, but €29,500 is a lot of money for tuition at a European instutition.

Hi! :)

Master GLM students are not eligible to apply to the Master Il de France Scholarship; only to Eiffel and Emile Boutmy.

Which country are you from? Do you have knowledge of other scholarships for students coming from developing countries? I would want to cast my net as wide as possible. 

I am from India which is a developing country. Though all the scholarships I am applying to are available just for my home country rather citizens of India. 

Though I am hoping i do manage to acquire either Eiffel or Emile! 

17th March is just 7 days away! Good luck :)

Well well... they say no news is good news but at this point I have my doubts! So no one has heard anything so far from IHEID! Here I was hoping that Monday would be a new day but we are all still 'under consideration' :( oh how I hate that word!

Even most new posters are not back... so I guess no one has heard anything at all that's crazy!

I am from India which is a developing country. Though all the scholarships I am applying to are available just for my home country rather citizens of India. 

Though I am hoping i do manage to acquire either Eiffel or Emile! 

17th March is just 7 days away! Good luck :)

I am not really very hopeful about the Eiffel, considering how competitive it is. But who knows...

Best of luck to the both of us. I will let you know as soon as the results come in! 

That's one of my fears as well.

I've been looking into scholarship opportunities, but even if I get some third-party funding, I would need some funding from the school to do a program in the US...unless I'm willing to take on student loans...

But international students get discriminated against in MA funding opportunities at US universities? I didn't know that.... 

It's not so much discrimination, so much as the fellowships available to me/the American programs I'm applying to as a Candian applying for an MA program often require American citizenship. Were I applying to a PhD program, I would have a much wider range of opportunities. Right now I'm relying directlying on scholarships and financial assistance - and those packages are determined by GRE and GPA scores, as well as POIs I believe? It's a veiled process to me. I applied for as much as I could at the end of the day. :S

I am not really very hopeful about the Eiffel, considering how competitive it is. But who knows...

Best of luck to the both of us. I will let you know as soon as the results come in!

Okay! Will let you know too if or not I get the scholarship!

Well well... they say no news is good news but at this point I have my doubts! So no one has heard anything so far from IHEID! Here I was hoping that Monday would be a new day but we are all still 'under consideration' :( oh how I hate that word!

Even most new posters are not back... so I guess no one has heard anything at all that's crazy!

Yeah it seems odd that there's been no news at all today - hopefully this means an onslaught of acceptances in the coming days rather than rejections! It's a bit worrying though that there hasn't been anyone rejected yet (since this could mean they'll be sending out the rejections at the end) but aaaa I need to stop speculating because this is getting ridiculous!

For Sciences Po acceptances and the prospective students, check this ScPo handbook link out!

asp.zone-secure.net/v2/index.jsp?id=1737/2223/33205&lng=fr

Edited by k_angie

For Sciences Po acceptances and the prospective students, check this ScPo handbook link out!

asp.zone-secure.net/v2/index.jsp?id=1737/2223/33205&lng=fr

I didn't apply to Sciences Po because I heard that they place extra emphasis on your GPA (and mine aren't stellar - not bad but not fantastic either) but you guys are making me wish that I had, it seems like a very solid program!

But I noticed Sciences Po Paris and IHEID have an exchange agreement so for those of you trying to decide between the two, you could just go on exchange to the other school and have the best of both worlds (sort of) :P

I didn't apply to Sciences Po because I heard that they place extra emphasis on your GPA (and mine aren't stellar - not bad but not fantastic either) but you guys are making me wish that I had, it seems like a very solid program!

But I noticed Sciences Po Paris and IHEID have an exchange agreement so for those of you trying to decide between the two, you could just go on exchange to the other school and have the best of both worlds (sort of) :P

;) We've got the same idea. If I don't get into IHEID I'm leaning towards attending Hertie and exchanging to IHEID in the 3rd semester. That thought is keeping me sane through this endless limbo of dwindling hope.

;) We've got the same idea. If I don't get into IHEID I'm leaning towards attending Hertie and exchanging to IHEID in the 3rd semester. That thought is keeping me sane through this endless limbo of dwindling hope.

My thoughts exactly! I too have been thinking about the whole exchange thing. At least just give us our results IHEID. :x

You know that their deadline is April 3rd... it's not too late for you to join us in Paris! You can join  Mickun on their winefest well I'm more of a foodie myself so you can come along my (cheap) food tour ha ha!

As for no rejections from IHEID let's not be naive here... I'm sure lots of rejections have been handed out since January but no one is eager to go online and declare that they have been rejected! That's why we see ecstatic students happy to share the good news but very few bad news shared...

I can't believe y'all are all still waiting to hear back from Geneva! What torture. I haven't heard back from anyone else either. I did do a quick search in the "results search" of the grad cafe where you can see everyone posting their rejections/acceptances/waitlists and it pulls up the ones from Geneva from last year. Every single one is from March 14, all acceptances. So take heart! Good news is probably still coming. 

Bahaha "endless limbo of dwindling hope" perfectly describes my current sentiments!!

You know that their deadline is April 3rd... it's not too late for you to join us in Paris! You can join  Mickun on their winefest well I'm more of a foodie myself so you can come along my (cheap) food tour ha ha!

As for no rejections from IHEID let's not be naive here... I'm sure lots of rejections have been handed out since January but no one is eager to go online and declare that they have been rejected! That's why we see ecstatic students happy to share the good news but very few bad news shared...

I can't believe y'all are all still waiting to hear back from Geneva! What torture. I haven't heard back from anyone else either. I did do a quick search in the "results search" of the grad cafe where you can see everyone posting their rejections/acceptances/waitlists and it pulls up the ones from Geneva from last year. Every single one is from March 14, all acceptances. So take heart! Good news is probably still coming. 

I have to say the French wine and cheese are very tempting - I would make that the focus of my personal statement for Sciences Po :P

Very good points re: rejections/acceptances..we'll just have to wait it out and see what happens!

Wine and cheese and Paris are definitely making me reconsider submitting an application to Sciences Po.

But Geneva would be pretty close to French wine regions as well!

Hey guys,

I've been creeping on this forum for around two weeks now and never had a chance to join the chatter. I have just refreshed my IHEID application page and my status was changed from Under Consideration to Admitted! Super excited!! I've applied for the Masters in International Affairs programme. Good luck to all of you!

Hey guys,

I've been creeping on this forum for around two weeks now and never had a chance to join the chatter. I have just refreshed my IHEID application page and my status was changed from Under Consideration to Admitted! Super excited!! I've applied for the Masters in International Affairs programme. Good luck to all of you!

Congrats!!

i've just been admitted to MIA too!!!! No email though, the decision was presented on the follow-up page. i guess they are finally sending out their decisions. Good luck!

i've just been admitted to MIA too!!!! No email though, the decision was presented on the follow-up page. i guess they are finally sending out their decisions. Good luck!

Congrats!! When did you find out?!

Congratz Cai..That must have been a real great relief..i checked mine and still it says under consideration!! 

Hey guys,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that your first choice, or are you still waiting on other schools??

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my case, the admission module first gave me the decision, and the next day I received an email from IHEID.

I'm sure you'll get an email soon, but since only an official email from IHEID is binding, you should contact IHEID if the email doesn't arrive in a couple days.

Edited by dpgu800