Good backup ideas for a cognitive neuro peeps...

randompsychologist

Maybe this can be a thread for this sort of thing for all of us? I'll share what I know too...

So, I am applying to PhD programs in neurocognition and I need some smart back ups. i'm afraid this cycle doesn't look good for me... My teaching load for the past year's been too heavy--I'm behind but trying to make the best of it. I really want something that will strengthen my research/analytical skills in case I'm rejected from everything. I finished a BA/MA program in psych a year ago so I don't want to do any psych masters programs unless they're Quant psych and funded. Sounds random, I know, but having better stats skills would be useful. Another MA may be a stupid way of going about it? Gah...I have no idea!

Considering one Quant Psych MA and the post-bac fellowship at Duke. I don't know what else to do that may require an app before March. Maybe lab manager and RC positions? What chances do I have at positions like that at neurocognitive labs if all me research to date is behavioral (3 years, 3 posters, an honors thesis and an MA thesis). Currently I'm in a new lab (since May) and I should have some ERP experience by the time I apply to RC/lab manager positions?

Anyone take a paid position? How was it? Any advice? I want to be in a challenging environment where I have lots of skill building work...

For me, I don't think I want to because I already have an MA that required a thesis and my coursework was experimental heavy. However, if the course work is significantly different from what i've already done...I'll think about it.