Boren 2014-2015

ChicChic325

I was emailed today at 12:05pm pst. I won a Boren Scholarship and an AFLI summer supplement! I was in the middle of a meeting and started hyperventilating, haha. Congratulations to recipients, and best of luck to everyone else - I know you'll all do amazing things!! Waiting for this decision was giving me such anxiety and I'm so glad the wait is over. Gradcafe helped with my nerves a lot, thank you to everyone on here.

If anyone else will be studying in Senegal for the fall semester or participating in the AFLI summer program, please don't hesitate to contact me :) I look forward to meeting you folks.

If anyone else will be studying in Senegal for the fall semester or participating in the AFLI summer program, please don't hesitate to contact me :) I look forward to meeting you folks.

I got the scholarship and AFLI to Senegal too! I'm just doing Wolof--are you doing the French program?

I was rejected, and I'm pretty bummed that I won't be spending 10 months in Korea, but I'll certainly be trying again next year and I'll be much more well prepared. Congratulations to everyone who received the scholarship/fellowship, and to those like me who didn't, let's just do better next year.

I was rejected, and I'm pretty bummed that I won't be spending 10 months in Korea, but I'll certainly be trying again next year and I'll be much more well prepared. Congratulations to everyone who received the scholarship/fellowship, and to those like me who didn't, let's just do better next year.

DiCola- I also applied for South Korea and was rejected, I wonder if they had an unusually high number of applicants for S.Korea this year? @Memba also applied for a fellowship to S.Korea....did you end up getting approved Memba? 

• 4 weeks later...

For those that have received the Boren fellowship, 

1. What is your proposed field of study/project idea? Is it to collect data towards your dissertation/thesis? 

2. What do you think made your application successful? 

3. How long is your projected stay in the foreign country you are going to? How are you using your time there (few months for language/rest of time for research, intensive language before going/all time in country for research, etc)? 

Thanks and congrats!