Boren 2014-2015

ChicChic325

Does anyone know how many applicants there were for the scholarship and fellowship this year? 

http://www.borenawards.org/document/download/boren_scholarship_summary_stats_41.pdf

Don't know about 2014, but here are the statistics from last year which is pretty interesting. There are no set quotas for each region/country though. 

Edited by morgannicole

http://www.borenawards.org/document/download/boren_scholarship_summary_stats_41.pdf

Don't know about 2014, but here are the statistics from last year which is pretty interesting. There are no set quotas for each region/country though. 

I've seen that chart before, but looking at the numbers from previous years it seems that there can be a lot of variation in the number of student applicants although the number of awards given is typically about the same. 

I know that in years past, they've posted it on their Facebook page. I checked for this year and there's nothing.... 

So, advice needed... (fellowship applicant, btw)

I got the "do you have any updates" email in March, and had no updates. NOW I have updates and changes...would it be worthwhile to send them an email now or wait and see if I get the award first?

I totally torn...

I got the "do you have any updates" email in March, and had no updates. NOW I have updates and changes...would it be worthwhile to send them an email now or wait and see if I get the award first?

I totally torn...

I am a scholarship applicant but this may be as straightforward as simply calling them on Monday before you sent out an email with the updates based on what is said to you.

I totally torn...

Definitely call them! My guess is decisions have already been made and that they're just finishing up all the paperwork now. But who knows, they should know all changes to your program so they can give you more or less as needed. 

So I think this year budget emails went out a week earlier than last year and notification emails went out on April 25th last year. Should we expect them a week earlier this year?... This Friday

Nothing yet. I'm pretty sure everyone is equally nervous waiting. I assume the responses come out next week. 
Did we ever get an official budget email count for the scholarship applicants? 

From a quick glance, I believe I saw 6 scholarship applicants, of whom 4 received the budget update. I really hope that the decisions come out tomorrow, I'm not sure how much longer I can endure this waiting!

Hi guys, glad to see I'm not the only one on the edge of my seat. I am also a scholarship applicant and received the budget update last month. Not sure how much bearing that has on decisions, but I noticed a lot of people asking. Good luck to you all! :)  

I'm definitely not feeling like they're going to make announcements today, I think it's going to be next Friday.

That's not going to stop me from having a heart attack every time I get an email for the next week. 

I'm definitely not feeling like they're going to make announcements today, I think it's going to be next Friday.

That's not going to stop me from having a heart attack every time I get an email for the next week. 

I totally get you.  It is probably wishful thinking to know anything today...so I guess next week, we will be taking it day by day.  I know everyone is anxious but I imagine that those who are going to AFLI are particularly anxious as many will have to make plans to be in Gainesville by the beginning of June.  Hang in there everyone.  :)

I was awarded the Boren scholarship award! Congratulations to the other recipients. All the best to those who were not awarded, the show is NOT over for you! All the best in your future endeavors!