Specifically mentioning a professor??

I am having a really hard time with this, I am applying to the Masters of Social Work program at University of Kentucky and I have finished my paper and I love it I think, but I keep going back and reading posts on here and posts on other websites and then I feel like it isn't good enough.  I have researched all the faculty and in all honesty I can not specifically see how I can tie what i already have written into why I would want to research under any of them.  I talk about how UK has the opportunity to receive certification in developmental disabilities, I have cerebral palsy so it would be important and meaningful to me to have that specific certification.  None of the faculty that I have researched has that certification nor have they researched disabilities.  Next I have my undergraduate degree in criminal justice, a few members of the faculty have done research work in criminality, and juvenile justice but I don't know how to tie that in, especially since it has to be approximately 4 pages and I am at the 5th page mark.  Is it necessary? I know it looks really good but I just don't see how to tie it in or make it fit. What should I do? I am ready to send in these apps NOW! 

If you're happy with it and love it as it is, then send it in. You'll drive yourself crazy and you may end up making your paper worse if you keep coming on here and reading up on everyone else's neuroses and concerns. Once I was satisfied with both the SOP and Personal Statement, I hit SEND and forgot about it. After I got accepted, I went back and read my essays, both of which I love (still), and I noticed some details I would've changed had I noticed them at the time. But clearly those details didn't affect my chances. If you're satisfied, that's what matters. You can only do so much. Sometimes being a perfectionist can be more harmful to the process (not to mention your peace of mind).

On a more practical note, is there an "Additional Statement" section for UK? You could always mention a professor there. Otherwise, if it's good to go then let it go!

And there's nothing worse than forcing yourself to talk about some random professor when your heart isn't in it and you know you can't say anything really substantial or meaningful that will improve your paper or express your views and goals better than you probably already have.

Edited by excusemyfrench

You're going for a professional degree so it's less important that you have a research match with particular faculty since you won't really be doing research anyway. You might consider talking about the internship opportunities available through the department or something like that, but even that probably isn't necessary.