Need help to pick a good masters degree

sarpk

Hi all,

I am studying a three year Bachelor of Information Technology degree in Australia. My current GPA is 3.79/4.00. However, as my degree is three year most unis are requiring an extra honours year, which is not what I am after. So far only Cornell said that they would accept my degree for their MEng degree.

My criterias are:
1) Highly reputed in computer science
2) Easy to find internships while doing Masters
3) Easy to find jobs after graduation

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, a Masters degree is pretty expensive. Research experience always helps, and so some industry experience. Letters of recommendation is a big deal too. If you want to increase your chances and not get bogged down because of technicalities of 4th year, than you might want to consider completing another year. For a more detailed overview of programs rankings:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/computer-science-rankings

Well I was drowsy when I started this topic. So let me rephrase my question:

I've been told that I would be considered for MEng in Soft Eng degree if I apply for it, also there are other unis offering MSc in Comp Sci degree.

Which degree is better in terms of employment? Also which unis offer better internship opportunities compared to other unis?

FYI, the 4th year is not "offering" anything more than standard 3 year bachelors in Australia. I have taken almost all technical subjects that uni offers. The purpose of 4th year is to write a thesis. I have been doing research for my vacation semesters(so that makes two semesters of intensive research, which is equivalent to one year of study period). I am also an international student and studying 4th year would cost me $30,000k and Australia is an expensive country(where you pay for $800/m for your rental). So in terms of "expenses" I'd better be doing Masters directly.

• 2 months later...

Any top ranked 25-50 CS programs would have recruiters come to your schools to interview. It is up to you of how good your ability/skills and experience are for employers to hire you. Can you make an app, build a website, database? If you can it's easy to find a job, even if you go to a mediocre school.

Edited by kcyc