Buffalo?

Hi everyone,

I can't find a quick answer to this, and I seem to remember there being several Alumni from Buffalo on this board. Is it generally preferable to refer to the school as SUNY Buffalo or University at Buffalo/UB? I'm having trouble figuring out how to refer to it in my SOP :P

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I was admitted to Buffalo last year, though I didn't end up going.  Two things to note.  One is that they did two rounds of acceptances last year, one in late Jan and one in early Feb.  I believe it's determined by what fellowships the applicant qualified for.  Second, if I recall right, my application still said "Not Reviewed" for several days after I had been notified that I was accepted, don't read too much into it.

I was admitted to Buffalo last year, though I didn't end up going.  Two things to note.  One is that they did two rounds of acceptances last year, one in late Jan and one in early Feb.  I believe it's determined by what fellowships the applicant qualified for.  Second, if I recall right, my application still said "Not Reviewed" for several days after I had been notified that I was accepted, don't read too much into it.

I'm seconding this as my experience with Buffalo. 

I received a PhD from Buffalo and don't think you need to worry so long as you are consistent. I believe the school rather recently switched to "University at Buffalo" but since it is part of the SUNY system it is still referred to by many as SUNY Buffalo. The department stationary, however, read University at Buffalo.