HESA programs with later deadlines

JBums1028

I know that many programs have deadlines that have already passed or are fast approaching, but I'm considering adding a program to my list of schools to apply to. Does anyone know of any programs that have later deadlines, like in early to mid January or later, but also still offer assistantship funding?

Here are a few I came across while deciding where to go.  (Note:  Just pulling this off my excel sheet I had for programs I was interested in.  Double-check just to be sure).  They all offer assistantship funding as far as I know.

UMass-Amherst:  Jan 15th deadline

Colorado State:  Jan 2nd deadline

University of Utah:  Jan 31st deadline

Mississippi State:  March 1st deadline (but would need to be in sooner for assistantships.  Was told to have it in by early Feb to be safe)

Ball State:  Jan 15th deadline

Hope this helps!

Edited by mrsmithut

IUP: January 1, 2014

Syracuse University: February 01, 2014

Binghamton University: Rolling Admissions (although I am not entirely how full their funding is)

I am in the same boat JBums1028 as I am hoping to increase my chances of getting in somewhere

Thanks guys! Initially I wanted to keep everything managable but now I'm worried about the possibility of not getting accepted or not getting an assistantship/non-loan financial aid. But of course the applications take time to put together so... Syracuse might be a decent option for me because they match the AmeriCorps Ed award. I'll look into it!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any more programs with later deadlines?

What I've been finding is that most programs that have interview weekends in Feb/March are due in at least January. I think Syracuse (which you mentioned above) is the latest deadline that I've seen with a formal interview weekend. Eastern Michigan University has a rolling deadline, but you need to have the application submitted by Jan/Feb to be invited to the mid-March interview weekend. Another plus with EMU is they only require two letters of reference.

Personally I decided to stay with my original four (GVSU, MSU, EMU, UConn), mostly because I didn't want to deal with harassing my letter writers anymore and travel to Connecticut will already be really expensive for me if I make candidate status.