Verification Angst on CSDCAS

Is anyone else worried about their verification time on CSDCAS? I hadn't noticed how long it took them to process transcripts and I waited way too long to send my one transcript (just for one class, but they don't start until you get it). It sent about three days before the month before date. I got my two apps completed a month before, but now am anxious until this stupid last transcript gets in. Both my schools are "orange" deadlines, but it doesn't ship until it's verified, right? I know it doesn't always take a month to process, but I don't know what would complicate it. Wish they could start with the transcript they have. It has every class except for one.

In one of the sections in the instructions/FAQs it states that the schools that you have chosen have been able to see your application since it was created. For example, I started receiving emails from the schools that I had listed even though I had not completed my application. The schools have certain standards for the CSDCAS application, such as the orange, green and blue color coordinations. The school will be able to see if your application has been completed, and if it is orange, it does not need to be verified in order for your application to be considered for admission, but if it is green, it will choose not to look at it unless the application has been verified by CSDCAS. I received this information from the "Completing the Application" section of the Instructions. It mentions what I said in the question at the bottom, "Can schools view my application online?"

I e-submitted mine on Dec. 3. They got back to me with some corrections to make on the 12th and once I made the changes, they verified it asap. Granted, I submitted way before most apps are due so that will likely cause delays, so I'd suggest e-submitted once you're ready!

Well, I finally got my transcript in on Wednesday, so hopefully I will be fine on verification. I haven't heard from them yet about it. Unfortunately, CSDCAS was only for three of my seven schools so the complexity was extra annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

I only applied to three schools, 2 of which are through CSDCAS. I stupidly submitted my application on January 8th and my deadline is Feb 1st. As of right now it says they are verifying applications submitted Dec 31st. If I am lucky, my application will be verified LAST MINUTE! Yikes. I shouldn't have spent so long editing and re-writing my SOP!

Is anyone else confused about the academic update? My Csdcas app says "AU submitted" and they got my fall grades 12/26...

Today is the deadline for most of my schools (they're "orange" coded schools). Can anyone tell me if my application is going to still be considered even though they have all my other grades except fall 2013? I tried calling Csdcas but the person I spoke to wasn't very helpful and didn't really answer my question.

Is anyone else confused about the academic update? My Csdcas app says "AU submitted" and they got my fall grades 12/26...

Today is the deadline for most of my schools (they're "orange" coded schools). Can anyone tell me if my application is going to still be considered even though they have all my other grades except fall 2013? I tried calling Csdcas but the person I spoke to wasn't very helpful and didn't really answer my question.

As long as they have your original transcript (not the AU/Fall grades) you should be fine. You don't need anything verified by the deadline for orange-coded schools, they just need to have all of the documents (not including new transcript with fall 2013). Technically AU is open until February so you really shouldn't worry about that.

I was in the same boat. They explained it to me though. Because we both were "AU Submitted" doesn't mean our applications weren't sent. We were "Verified" before "AU Submitted" meaning our applications were mailed out to the schools. My transcript was received by CSDCAS on 12/27 (day after you) and my CSDCAS status now says "AU Verified" so yours should, too. Now that we are "AU Verified" our schools have received a notification saying that our GPAs were updated. Plain and simple! So you were done well before the deadline of the 15th because you already had a transcript in beforehand.

• 3 years later...
On 12/17/2013 at 10:56 AM, arthritiskid said:

In one of the sections in the instructions/FAQs it states that the schools that you have chosen have been able to see your application since it was created. For example, I started receiving emails from the schools that I had listed even though I had not completed my application. The schools have certain standards for the CSDCAS application, such as the orange, green and blue color coordinations. The school will be able to see if your application has been completed, and if it is orange, it does not need to be verified in order for your application to be considered for admission, but if it is green, it will choose not to look at it unless the application has been verified by CSDCAS. I received this information from the "Completing the Application" section of the Instructions. It mentions what I said in the question at the bottom, "Can schools view my application online?"

How did you tell what color the schools are?