Fall grades

philstudent1991

So I've submitted all my applications, and my grades for this semester just came out. 4.0, but doesn't change my GPA by more than .01 I don't think. Still, a 4.0 is always good. Plus, it included a graduate class, the only one on my transcript. However, the professor of that class was a letter writer so I probably already got all of the benefit of that anyways...what are you guys doing about reporting this semester's grades? Are you going to send in the updated transcript or nothing or...

My GPA was bumped up a bit too with a 4.0 from this semester, but I'm not going to bother submitting those grades. I don't think that the slight change is going to have any significant impact on application chances, and it's a considerable amount of work to update the transcripts. 

The deadlines for my programs are all in January, so I'm holding out on sending the transcripts until my fall grades are entered on my transcript. If they don't show up by a certain time (let's say 10-15 days until the deadline) I'm going to play it safe and send the transcripts, and then send updated transcripts when my fall grades do finally come out. I'm hoping to avoid that route though, since it's about $7.50 to order/send each transcript, and that can add up when there are multiple schools requiring multiple copies...

Even if I get a 4.0 this semester it will barely change my overall GPA, so I'm not going to bother sending the updated transcripts. In your case, I would imagine that getting an A in a graduate level class may help you, I don't know how much though. If it's free to send the transcripts and wont cause too much of a hassle to update your application, it might be worth it.

You might as well ask the graduate school. Most applications these days require only electronic unofficial transcripts until an official offer is made. It's not difficult to get a copy and scan it (or my current uni can email them to you), then email it to the graduate school to have em update your file. The point is not so much showing the grades, it's showing them what classes you did well in, esp. if they are graduate courses. I already emailed most of the schools I submitted and I think maybe half of them allow such later updates.