Harvard Biological Sciences in Public Health

Methylmadness

yup. unfortunately. I might give them a call next Monday if we don't find anything out by then, I figure that gives them ample time, I just want to know if they've sent out their interview invites or not because I have another interview pending on this one.... ha

... if i even get it

Edited by Methylmadness

ahhh okay.. that makes a lot more sense, I called today, but it went to voicemail...hopefully it will be better on Monday.... Yeah the snow storm is suppose to hit here in NYC pretty soon... aka now

It's going to take them a lot longer to get acceptances/rejections/invites out if they have to answer individual e-mails and phone calls from everyone who applied :) The waiting game is tough, but it's normal not to have heard things back yet. Schools understand you have multiple interviews and will usually be flexible if you need to work around a date.

I asked about the status of admissions and she said they were in review. I asked about interviews because I need to know as I am doing fieldwork in Africa so need ensure I am in a suitable area for the date, and she said they had not been sent out yet [however as I said this was earlier in the day so perhaps they went out yesterday; I still do need to know though so am unsure how to proceed]. She checked my name as well. 

Yeah, based on the website the recruitment date is next week, but if they are still in review, that gives me hope. I didn't ask specifically about my own application, maybe I should have, oh well. The waiting continues.

It is true, but I actually went and spoke in person with a few POIs in the fall and stated that I talked to them in my application, no idea if that counts for anything, but until I get a rejection letter (probably likely at this point) I'll just have to wait patiently.

The POI stated that he had funding, space in his lab and that I was a good fit, but I really have no idea at this point.

It is true, but I actually went and spoke in person with a few POIs in the fall and stated that I talked to them in my application, no idea if that counts for anything, but until I get a rejection letter (probably likely at this point) I'll just have to wait patiently.

The POI stated that he had funding, space in his lab and that I was a good fit, but I really have no idea at this point.

maybe you should have inquired about your own application ?

Your application sounds competitive; I'm in a similar position and had been expecting an interview...I think I will give up hope after the recruitment weekend dates. Please could anyone who has heard from them [lots of people are viewing this thread] please post any updates on here. 

maybe you should have inquired about your own application ?

In retrospect, yes I should have, but I really don't want to be a nuisance at this point.

Your application sounds competitive; I'm in a similar position and had been expecting an interview...I think I will give up hope after the recruitment weekend dates. Please could anyone who has heard from them [lots of people are viewing this thread] please post any updates on here. 

Agreed, has anyone heard anything other information about the program?