Plant Biology Applicants?

Justin123

Hi Guys! Plant person here! EEB, but plants!

Also, Spike--I applied to Berkeley IB instead of Plants, but invites from that department at least are not supposed to go out until mid January, so maybe Plants won't either? Don't dispair :) There's a lot of time.

Hey! Nice to meet you!
Unfortunately, the interview weekend for the plant biology program starts on the 23rd of January. So there's no time left. The only thing I can hope for now is that they plan to interview international students who live too far away on Skype and this would explain why I still haven't heard back. But let's be realistic... It's a desperate last hope... So I'm just gonna wait for the other universities. 

Oh no! I actually am quite sure that IB is the weekend after and I know theirs have not gone out. So maybe they're just being slow and giving short notice? Or maybe I'm overly optimistic. :D Either way, good luck! Looks like you have a nice, well-rounded list of schools that you applied to. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Edited by iheartplants

Haha thank you! You too!

Well, as long as I get into one American grad school I am happy. I just hate the idea that the committee looked at my application and said "he's not worth it". I know I'm taking this too personally and that rejections/frustrations are things we need to get used to if we want a research career but still...

Anyways... Good luck for next week. It's a big week for all of us  ;)

it seems there is no one else applied to WASHU here

they sent me a rejection PDF file (very polite and formal!!) this morning

it was my top choice......but anyway thanks for their noticing me very soon :)

i can move on to focus another school. 

good luck for every one

it seems there is no one else applied to WASHU here

they sent me a rejection PDF file (very polite and formal!!) this morning

it was my top choice......but anyway thanks for their noticing me very soon :)

i can move on to focus another school. 

good luck for every one

So sorry dude :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Insects and plants are very interrelated... Close enough? 

Yes! Actually I could have studied insects, because there was a choice system in my undergraduate school.

Nice to meet you  

But I'm sure they have different interview schedule and invitation of course......:)

Insects and plants are very interrelated... Close enough? 

I studied butterflies as an undergrad before I switched over to plants. Insects are awesome! I've always thought plants and insects were the coolest study systems for evolutionary bio questions.