Scope of Impact from Academic/Athletic Scandal

MadtownJacket

If you haven't kept up with the news lately, UNC has been getting a lot of exposure for their scandal that's maybe 2-3 years old, and it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-02/the-scandal-bowl-tar-heels-football-academic-fraud-and-implicit-racism

I'm applying to UNC for one of their programs that's top 3 in the nation, and it's highly regarded around the world.  In addition, it's my dream school.  Should I be concerned that it could impact the integrity of the graduate degree if I were to pursue it at UNC?

My guess is that since the scandal occurred in a completely unrelated undergraduate department, and was mostly targeted at athletes, then I shouldn't be worried.  I'm hoping that administrators and professors are addressing this issue to prevent it from happening again.

Thoughts?  I hate to bring this up and shine more light on the unfortunate situation, but there may be others that might have questions about it too.

I would have to agree with RedPill. I doubt the scandal with Sandusky affected graduate programs at Penn State, for example... grad students and programs are often far removed from stuff like that.