Essay Word Limit

Greetings,

I'm currently writing my SoP for the Yale School or Public Health's MPH program, and their word limit is 1500 words. I recently wrote one for Harvard's MPH program, and theirs is only 600 words. So I've spent all this time condensing everything I need to say, and I feel like I have a really high-impact essay. However, after expanding what I wanted to say originally, I have ~800-900 words.

Should I write more? I can definitely write until I get arthritis, but I feel like other applicants are going to write a lot and admissions will like that more?

Help!!! 

No, they'll read the long ones and go "ugh.. why did that girl start her SOP with 'ever since I was a child.." and then also say 'when I first read... in my aunt's library..' followed by 'it was at that point in high school I realized my deep passion for..'.. gah! it's a trifecta of suck!"

Then they'll see your paper and be quite appreciative.

No, they'll read the long ones and go "ugh.. why did that girl start her SOP with 'ever since I was a child.." and then also say 'when I first read... in my aunt's library..' followed by 'it was at that point in high school I realized my deep passion for..'.. gah! it's a trifecta of suck!"

Then they'll see your paper and be quite appreciative.

You're right. I'm just going to keep my ~850 words and send it in. :D

*Furiously deleting "Ever since I was a child... When I first read..." and "I realized my deep passion for..."*